PDA

View Full Version : Long lasting tire dressing?

Pages : [1] 2

Prairie
06-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Is there such a thing?

I find the two things that I go through the quickest are tire dressing and wheel cleaner. I`ve used most of the OTC brands as well as PB`s. I like PB`s the best but it just doesn`t last long enough or look that much better to justify the price.

Any recommendations? Does Optimum Tire Shine last a heck of a lot longer? I`ve tried different ways of applying things but it doesn`t really seem to make a huger difference

Thanks,

Philip

imported_DieselMDX
06-23-2007, 04:37 PM
zaino z16

megs high endurance

imported_jaobrien6
06-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Any recommendations? Does Optimum Tire Shine last a heck of a lot longer? I`ve tried different ways of applying things but it doesn`t really seem to make a huger difference

In my experience, Optimum looks fantastic, very black and matte, not high gloss, but doesn`t last very long at all. I still use it, I just know that I`ll be reapplying regularly.

BigAl3
06-23-2007, 05:26 PM
both AA tire foam & tire shine gel work fine for me...

http://armorall.com/img/products/wheel_tire/r_arm_tf20oz_0706.jpg+http://armorall.com/img/products/wheel_tire/r_arm_etsgelcrtn_0706.jpg = :up

not to mention... it looks good, is cheaply priced and is available OTC everywhere...

Bigpoppa3346
06-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Well you will get a million different answers. Remember that on some tires, dressings just don`t last or look as good, so results can vary. I use Optimum tire shine and like it a lot. Durability/Shine will depend on how many coats you apply and your tire.

derekbmw
06-23-2007, 06:00 PM
I had good luck with Zaino Z-16.

rkf76
06-23-2007, 06:26 PM
AA Extreme tire gel has suprised me. I last applied it on my car about two weeks ago and it`s still got a nice sheen on them. It doesn`t look as fresh as it did when I first applied it but you can tell there`s some juice on the tires.

ej8tunerman
06-23-2007, 07:51 PM
AA Extreme Tire gel is all I use and I recommed it. It lasts a good couple of weeks and thats with rain and washes as well. Of course it loses its wet shine, but its still there and you can tell.

Evenflow
06-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Armor All Extreme Tire Gel - It usually lasts a few days for me, and once it rains consider it gone.

Armor All Original - I use the trigger bottle, spray some on a tire swipe. Very little of this stuff goes a long way, gives a nice sheen and is longer lasting than the gel. Scottwax got me hooked onto this stuff and it is now my go to tire dressing. Plus the gallon is VERY cheap and economical.

Meguiars Endurance - Longest lasting tire shine I have used. However, I am not a fan of the sheen it leaves behind.

SVR
06-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Bigpoppa`s on the ball. The harder the compound, the less durability and look you`ll get out of a tire dressing

Personally, I`m a big believer in laying down a good base after shampooing the tires and wheels.

Just like a sealant. Without a good base, durability is affected

rkf76
06-23-2007, 08:20 PM
I have been using the Megs Endurance gel since it came out, off and on, but I have not gotten the durability out of it that I`ve gotten out of AA tire shine gel.

shirtman
06-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Griots has a long lasting version out as well.

Djmigs
06-23-2007, 10:44 PM
from what i hear Ultima line...

kapinnn
06-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Prima Nero. 2 weeks and 400 miles after application it still has a nice clean matte finish.

fcs
06-23-2007, 11:46 PM
I have not personally tried the AA Tire Gel but I have tried the AA Tire Foam and I do not recommend using it. The AA Tire Foam left a rusty, dirty and grungy look after it had worn off and I preferred my tires without anything on them at all. On Monday I am going to try the AA Tire Shine Original from the spray bottle.

I just recommend staying away from AA Tire Foam.