PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner

kyotousa
06-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi just got a PB S&R

http://poorboysworld.com/products/SprayRinse.jpg

Can I spray PB S&R on Mercedes 2004 E320 wheel? Donno if there`s coat or not

http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccpix/65295.jpg

or 1999 Toyota Avalon wheel? (looks like aluminum non-clearcoat)

http://i15.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/9e/3a/570f_1.JPG

Planning on diluting it 1:1 with water....just wondering if it`s safe to do it or not

MB brake dusts are pain in the ***...

can I spray PB S&R on rotors and caliper as well?

planning on painting my caliper

3rd question...can I use it about once a month...will it damage my wheels??

kyotousa
06-23-2007, 04:36 PM
nobody knows?

gmblack3
06-23-2007, 06:29 PM
I can`t say if those wheels have a CC or not.

I use it once a month FS on the wife`s BMW wheels 1-2 times a month. After 1.5yrs of use the center plastic caps are starting to get etched somewhat.

I am thinking on your benz wheels, I would use it once to get them really clean. They I would apply a good AIO and then a sealant. On a few clients wheels, I have used ZAIO and CS with very good results. One friend has a newer super bee with the brembo calipers/pads, after 5 months he said all he has to do is wash with carwash soap and the dust comes right off.

pt91
06-23-2007, 08:06 PM
if you rub it with a metal polish and your towel turns black it is uncoated. If it doesn`t turn black it is clear coated. That is how I determine what to use.

imported_mburnickas
06-23-2007, 08:12 PM
I have used it on Fords, Lexus and Dodges and no isseues...Hell, I love the stuff!!

kyotousa
06-23-2007, 08:39 PM
So lets say they don`t have coating....can I still use it?

I thought this is mild stuff....Is there poorboy rep here?

Well dust come right off....but still a pain cuz I have to wipe it....and then my MF gets dirty so i`d have to wash it.....

You know BMW and MB have enormous amount of dust haha

Spray and rinse sounds good...but on the bottle it says do a test on uncoated and highly polish wheels.....I was like ***...

gmblack - Did you dilute before you use?

why would it eat through the paint....shouldn`t washing it with soapy water neutralize the acid affect?

kyotousa
06-25-2007, 05:48 PM
bumpy bump

kyotousa
06-26-2007, 02:50 PM
if you rub it with a metal polish and your towel turns black it is uncoated. If it doesn`t turn black it is clear coated. That is how I determine what to use.

I emailed PB and got a fast reply

PB said I should test the wheel.

So my question is how do I do it? It seems like you are talking about liquid metal polish

However, the only metal polish I have is wadding Polish...

So I tear off a piece of wadding rob it on the wheel...then wipe off with towel

If it`s black then it`s not coated? if it is then it is coated?....

pt91
06-26-2007, 02:58 PM
wadding polish has a chemical cleaner. if the wadding turns black you are rubbing pure metal not clear coat. If you are rubbing metal be more cautious with your chemical wheel cleaners.

kyotousa
06-26-2007, 03:24 PM
oh ok...thx...i got it