PDA

View Full Version : Washing Microfibers?

Pages : [1] 2 3

EclassBenz
06-22-2007, 09:40 AM
After you are done using your MF towels and they have product on them, how do you all clean them?

I usually put them in the washing machine with just microfibers. Should i use washing detergent? it seems like you would need that to take whatever product off the towels.

If you used detergent on the MF`s and then used them to dry your car, wouldnt the detergent stip your wax?

How do you all wash your MF towels? I don`t think anyone has addressed this before

Thanks!

CHAOS
06-22-2007, 10:28 AM
there are special detergents made for this, i actually just washed a bunch last night with mixed results, im gonna try em again tonite.

Macruz19
06-22-2007, 10:30 AM
I use Micro-Restore and I wash it all by hand with hot water, and I hang dry them after each use.

bulgingtwine
06-22-2007, 10:33 AM
just dont use any detergents with bleach or fabric softeners. mine have come out pretty clean when I have washed them int he washer.

Paulie Walnuts
06-22-2007, 10:35 AM
After you are done using your MF towels and they have product on them, how do you all clean them?

I usually put them in the washing machine with just microfibers. Should i use washing detergent? it seems like you would need that to take whatever product off the towels.

If you used detergent on the MF`s and then used them to dry your car, wouldnt the detergent stip your wax?

How do you all wash your MF towels? I don`t think anyone has addressed this before

Thanks!Yep, never in the history of Autopia has this been covered. Wash on warm, use a detergent like Tide or Cheer or whatever, MFs only in the washer, no fabric softener. Rinse twice, throw in dryer on LOW heat or air dry...profit.

Macruz19
06-22-2007, 11:32 AM
WilliamHBonney- actually there are a few threads about washing MF. I can`t find them but it has been covered before.

derekbmw
06-22-2007, 11:39 AM
1) Only MF products

2) Hot water, Liquid Tide Free

3) Add 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar per towel on rinse cycle.

4) Rinse again if necessary

5) Air dry

Balthazarr
06-22-2007, 11:40 AM
WilliamHBonney- actually there are a few threads about washing MF. I can`t find them but it has been covered before.

He was being sarcastic.

stiffdogg06
06-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Don`t wash your polishing towels with the cheap engine detailing towels.

I put them in the washer, in the middle of the rinse cycle; I put about 2 capfuls of Vinegar.

I wash/dry on medium heat.

Macruz19
06-22-2007, 12:20 PM
LOL!! True.

Paulie Walnuts
06-22-2007, 12:35 PM
He was being sarcastic.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.

Plus Im starting to pull my hair out because Im getting married two weeks from tomorrow.

Greg Nichols
06-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I use some DP pad cleaner (Powder) in a bucket and pre soak the towels (overnight), then squeeze them out and use cheapo soap (liquid) and wash them in the machine, with a second rinse. I have had them come really clean this way.

bojangleS_8686
06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Der Wunder Wasche works pretty well for me. Just put it in the washer with the MF then let air dry.

NickelPlated.45
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey someone mentioned a temperature chart for microfibers in another thread. Does anyone have that handy?

I`ve been washing mine in warm/cold water with woolite, vinegar in rinse cycle if needed then air dry.

Pennypacker
06-22-2007, 01:44 PM
To the OP, it`s been discussed a lot before, but that`s okay. Here`s a few threads...

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/72931-washing-microfiber-towels-terry-cloth.html?highlight=washing+microfiber

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/33592-washing-microfiber.html?highlight=washing+microfiber

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/59122-cleaning-microfiber.html?highlight=microfiber+cleaning