PDA

View Full Version : THE Ultimate Detailing Machine - The Wow Factor

Pages : [1] 2 3

DM101
06-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Got my UDM in. First the Cons. It did not come with a manual. But they are working on getting me one. The back plate is 4.75", I`m use to working with a 5.75" plate. But the 4.75 worked great. The on - off switch is very sensitive. It is very easy to accidently turn on, ...............................................

Now the positives... light weight, ULTRA smooth when running, lays down a perfect layer of product, little vibration, VERY easy to use, powerful, less noise, EASY to hold on to, more I just can`t think this early in the morning..............................

I opened the box placed the back plate and handle on. Plugged in, placed a blue finishing pad on, two pumps of cyrstal mist on pad, then added Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax to pad, put speed on three, turned on, started waxing.....Wow!!! Ultra smooth laying down a perfect layer of wax. So light was able to breeze thru putting a coat on. Then change pads and placed a MF Bonnet on pad. Buffed off with ease!!! ...........

Can`t wait to try other products with it. All I can say is they have taken the DA polisher to another level. Amazing machine! Would I buy another??? YES Better than others? YES Ok I`m ready to tackle swirls and marring. WOW WOW Thanks Lynn and David.

Alfisti
06-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Good to hear about your positive experiences. :up

I believe David B stated that speed 3 on the UDM is similar to speed 6 on a PC. You used speed 3 to apply Souveran. Any thoughts?

Also, you say its light-weight...lighter than a PC?

RyanDe680
06-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Dang, speed 3 to apply wax? I`d stick with speed 1 on the UDM for waxing...

ThEGuN1
06-22-2007, 09:02 AM
What? that is cool ...I am saving my pennies to order one!

Scottwax
06-22-2007, 09:08 AM
I am still interested in how it compares to the PC in polishing power.

SpoiledMan
06-22-2007, 09:10 AM
I polished a Navigator with it the other day using a 5" orange pad and PS. The cleaning power and finish refining was very good at speed 4.5 on the UDM. My hands were only slightly irritated for a couple minutes.

DM101
06-22-2007, 09:25 AM
It says on the UDM speeds 1-3 for waxing. But yes she was moving!!!

a.k.a. Patrick
06-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Geeeeez, maybe I need to slow down, I run it on 6 for polishing Chris....Im a little concerned about MDR`s experience with the switch though. As I thought I had/have the pre production model which likes to sometimes, ..........start before I tell it to!

SpoiledMan
06-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Pat, at first I didn`t think it was doing much polishing at all and then I noticed that the paint was really bright and liquid. The owner even commented. I slowed my movement down a little more and was pleasantly surprised at what *appeared* to be happening. I`ll confirm/deny in a couple weeks.;)

DM101
06-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Yes Patrick, sometimes when I was putting wax on the pad (had it in my hand upside down) I would accidently move the swith just enough to turn it own. Other wise this is one smoooooth machine!

Geeeeez, maybe I need to slow down, I run it on 6 for polishing Chris....Im a little concerned about MDR`s experience with the switch though. As I thought I had/have the pre production model which likes to sometimes, ..........start before I tell it to!

crew219
06-22-2007, 10:39 AM
I polished a Navigator with it the other day using a 5" orange pad and OS. The cleaning power and finish refining was very good at speed 4.5 on the UDM. My hands were only slightly irritated for a couple minutes.

You polished a car with opti-seal?

Dave

SpoiledMan
06-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Oops, Poli-Seal. :o

ZoranC
06-22-2007, 11:46 AM
I am still interested in how it compares to the PC in polishing power.

I hope I will be able to answer that one after this weekend. And not only compared to just PC ...

NickelPlated.45
06-22-2007, 01:00 PM
I just bought another pc yesterday. Then i find out about this thing afterwards. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

a.k.a. Patrick
06-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Return it!!