PDA

View Full Version : Wax/polish stains

jeteast99
06-21-2007, 09:27 PM
What is the best way to remove wax/polish stains on trim? I heard of waxblaster but was wondering if there were any other products or techniques out there.

sspeer
06-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I`ve not found a magic bullet as far as quick wipe on wipe off. I always have to get `mechanical` on it ..usually something like an APC and a toothbrush or Mr Clean Magic Eraser

jeteast99
06-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I will try Mr clean magic eraser. hope that works

Setec Astronomy
06-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Once you have removed a bad stain on trim...you never want to get anything on there again! Is it rubber or textured plastic? APC or some Eagle One All Wheel and Tire Cleaner (which is a real high pH cleaner) and a toothbrush works pretty well...use a soft brush or you may scuff the trim. The soft rubber trim, as long as it isn`t shiny, is actually harder to damage than the hard trim. I have a Wax Blaster, but haven`t had to use it yet (see first sentence, :) ) The Magic Eraser is also probably a good choice but I haven`t needed it yet.

kastanaras
06-22-2007, 04:16 AM
On hard smooth plastic door handle Clearkotes VMG worked well at removing a polish stain. It also helped clean up the plastic and bring back the black.

jeteast99
06-22-2007, 09:03 PM
I tried the mr clean magic eraser today and that stuff really works!

imported_Jakerooni
06-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Magic eraser works good but I`ve actually found my aresol glass cleaner works even better. Wipes it right off like it was still wet. Great for getting compound off the cowel.