PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s Endurance messed up my driveway

Pages : [1] 2

BMW335i
06-21-2007, 09:05 AM
By accident a few drops gooped out of the bottle that I was holding of Megs Endurance onto my stone driveway and it looks as if it never dried (looks like an oil spill). I am really screwed if it`s not gonna come off, I already tried Lestoil (grease/oil remover) with a brush but no luck..help!

Bluethundra
06-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Try some APC full strength.

Setec Astronomy
06-21-2007, 09:13 AM
+1 and scrub with a stiff brush.

BMW335i
06-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Thx...Gonna try that. BTW I just noticed it says on the bottle "No more stained driveways" lol

CHAOS
06-21-2007, 09:18 AM
haha nice let us know how it works out

DM101
06-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Try Tide laundry powder version. Take it and spread it over the stain. Add just a little water to make a paste and srub it in. This the best thing I know of. Others chime in.

Mark77
06-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I spill stuff(megs endurance included) on my garage floor all the time(concrete), and doesn`t stay there for too long. I just use water and rinse it and it goes away after a few days or weeks.

coupe
06-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Eventually it will dissipate and go away.

bimmerzhp
06-21-2007, 11:24 AM
It may be too late now but I usually apply all tire shine products in the street. Something to try next time. It should wash away over time.

kompressornsc
06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
LOL! Try getting No-Touch on your driveway. I spray my wheel wells with it and it doesn`t stain, but apparently seals it. Funny thing is, you can`t tell where it is until it rains. When it rains, that concrete doesn`t change colors (and is extremely slick).

paul34
06-21-2007, 12:20 PM
LOL! Try getting No-Touch on your driveway. I spray my wheel wells with it and it doesn`t stain, but apparently seals it. Funny thing is, you can`t tell where it is until it rains. When it rains, that concrete doesn`t change colors (and is extremely slick).

LOL I hear ya. It`s a little annoying though... because the rest of the driveway gets wet and dark, EXCEPT those spots that just bead water :grinno:

It`s pretty crazy. I think my driveway seal comes from AA tire foam, when I spray it in the wells and stuff. You can spray that spot of concrete for a long time and never get it "wet"...

willey2cool
06-21-2007, 07:58 PM
LOL I hear ya. It`s a little annoying though... because the rest of the driveway gets wet and dark, EXCEPT those spots that just bead water :grinno:

It`s pretty crazy. I think my driveway seal comes from AA tire foam, when I spray it in the wells and stuff. You can spray that spot of concrete for a long time and never get it "wet"...

Yea the AA Tire Foam leaves marks on mine too

BMW335i
06-21-2007, 08:09 PM
My driveway it stone, and its very porous, so the stain is harder to remove. I tried APC (Total Auto Wash) and scrubbed it in, it barely made a dent. What do they put in this stuff? Next thing to try is either a jackhammer or a sander, maybe a stick of dynamite will do the trick.

I usuually take my car to the street when I use AA foam spray. The stains are still there after many months so I`m not buying the "it washes away after a while" theory.

In all seriousness, waht about wheel cleaner like Megs Hot Rims, it has acid, so maybe it will dissolve the stain.

Manny
06-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Purple Power Degreaser and a wire brush

Fillet1970
06-21-2007, 09:35 PM
The thought of using an acid base cleaner on stone is quite scary:soscared: .

Depending on the stone it might have a bad reaction. If you really want to attempt it, maybe try a stone that is in a discreet spot, not one that stands out ....like the one in the middle of the driveway.

I don`t know what to say....How about an alkaline base cleaner? or maybe a (VOC free) engine degreaser? (Here`s one where the die-hard Dawn fanatics might say)...try Dawn???? Maybe, try an absorbent agent then then scrub away the remnant?

Good luck....let us know what you come up with.