PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when to use an AIO?

Gryz
06-20-2007, 09:18 PM
I have XMT 360 which I have not touched yet. I have been using my PC with pretty good results except for that darn BMW paint.

I guess what my question is is how do you know when to use an AIO like 360? If the paint is in overall good condition or what?

I have been using OC and OP to remove scratches and swirls, will an AIO get rid of them just as well?

Also, if I choose to use and AIO, can I use it with a pad depending on how bad the paint is? I have been using LC pads, so can I use it on and orange if the paint it pretty scratched up, or must I use it on a white polishing pad?

Thanks

Setec Astronomy
06-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Most AIO`s are intended to be a paint cleaner, with some protection. So most of them will have very little correction capability (Meg`s #66 might be an exception). So basically if you are using a cleaner product, and not a correcting product, an orange pad would not be indicated.

Most people use AIO`s when the paint hasn`t been recently polished, but really doesn`t need any correction. It then acts as a cleaner or pre-wax polish (to ensure good LSP bonding), which can be left alone for a short time or used as a base for a sealant/wax. HTH.

Gryz
06-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Yes, it does, thank you.

So if it AIO have little correcting ability, I should use a polishing pad??

Setec Astronomy
06-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Yes, sometimes people even use something softer, like a blue pad (depending whose foam you`re talking about).