PDA

View Full Version : Jetseal 109 pics - No Prep

Pages : [1] 2

JasonD
06-20-2007, 12:24 PM
There was an extensive discussion on this product (CG`s Jetseal 109) and several people mentioned being interested in seeing what jetseal looked like when there was no previous prepwork done.

Well, here it is. All I did was wash and dry my truck, and immediately apply a coat of jetseal with a pc. I let it cure for about 30 minutes or so and then removed with a mf.

I would normally do a light polishing, and/or Klasse AIO prior to any sealant, but to see how this product does completely on its own, I didn`t. The complete process only took about an hour from start to finish.

I noticed that it did actually hide some very minor imperfections, and it almost seemed as if it had a very small amount of oil in it. I noticed this as I was removing it. There was a slight haze left on the finish, which came off very easily with a clean side of the mf. I just kept flipping my towel over after each panel for a final wipe, and it left a near perfect finish.

Again, the filling properties I am referring to is *very* minor, but they are there. It made my finish a lot more wet looking, deep, and also made the metallic flake pop a lot more than it was before.

All that`s left to evaluate is durability, which is *supposed* to be where this product really shines, but only time will tell. I will post back.

Also, the pictures look good enough to show the results, but it actually looks even better in person. I am a little lazy right now and don`t feel like leaving to take some pics, and my driveway is between two houses, so I was fighting shadows.

Another note is that this truck is only 10 weeks old, and this is the very first coat of any kind of protectant it has ever seen. Up to now, it has only been washed which has been around a dozen times or so, and if you would have seen it this morning, you would have thought it was 4 years old it was so filthy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/JDookie/IMG_2295.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/JDookie/IMG_2296.jpg

crew219
06-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Nice choice on the truck!

What are its stats?

Dave

codiddy
06-20-2007, 12:34 PM

What are its stats?

Dave

well it`s a ford so we know he has good taste in trucks

JasonD
06-20-2007, 12:38 PM

What are its stats?

Dave

Thanks!!

07` FX4 SuperCrew

Dark Blue Pearl Clearcoat w/ Dark Shadow Grey lower

5.4 Triton V8

3.73 gears w/ limited slip diff.

Luxury Package

Audiophile Sound System w/ MP3 and 6-disc changer

Black/Black interior

Tow Package

20" Wheels - Pirelli Tires

Power Fold/Heated Mirrors

Power/Heated Captain`s Chairs

Superchips XCal-2 on the way, tuned by Troyer Performance, which *should* put me at 325hp using premium fuel.

stiffdogg06
06-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Looks beautiful!

Love the color!:clap:

tod071
06-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Very nice look. Imagine what a clay job may get.

I just did the same, but my car had about a 2month old Pete`s layer. About the same look. Very reflective, wouldn`t you say?

BlueZero
06-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Looks good! I kinda miss my 04 F150. Love the color choice.

Cooter
06-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Looks great Jason. I had an 04 FX4 like that with the leather int and flow through console. Loved the truck but could never get use to driving something so big (ext cab). Anyway. Looks great man. I really like the color.

Heath

imported_DieselMDX
06-20-2007, 01:40 PM
wow looks great

DM101
06-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Ok I am going to get blasted. Feel like Simon Cowell. I preped my car as usual. Light Men. PO85RD polish to remove old waxes and stuff. I used the Jetseal 109. Easy to use. Put a coat on buffed it off. Then a second coat per directions. OK "ON MY CAR" it gave me a excellant shine, reflective finish. Looked great from a distance. But when you got close to the car the jetseal seemed to have no depth as a nuba would. Don`t get me wrong. Jetseal will turn some heads! Waited 24 hours same look. I used CG ONE then a coat of Pin. Souveran. Now things began to happen. A deep wet glossy shine. Drove thru the drive thru at Wendy`s and the guys said "Man do you take that car to the track" I said no and laughed. Then at a stop light. A guy in a Harley (rough looking guy) and motioned for me to roll down my window. He said "What year is that? I said 2005. Then he said D--N thats a nice looking car. He shook his head and repeated "D--N that is a nice looking car.......So the jury is still out for me on Jetseal. Did Jetseal cause my car to look so good or was it the PS? Don`t know..........

JasonD
06-20-2007, 06:31 PM
MDRX8,

There`s absolutely nothing wrong with having your own personal feelings about a product. That being said, there`s also nothing wrong with topping jetseal with a carnauba, if that`s the look you are after.

I may actually do the same as you just to see if it`s possible for my truck to look even better!! LOL. I`ll most likely throw another coat of jetseal on tomorrow, and then top it this weekend with Souveran, just like you did.

The number one reason for me to use jetseal was the durability claims, and the fact that it does look good by itself, so I know what the *worst* case scenario is since Souveran doesn`t last but a week or two.

RRF985
06-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Beautiful!!

wannafbody
06-20-2007, 08:09 PM
blue metallic is one of the worst colors at showing defects in bright sunlight. looks killer when clean tho.

Crusader101
06-20-2007, 08:57 PM
That is one beautiful truck. :drool: Especially with the way you have it fitted out. :bigups

imported_FMINUS
06-21-2007, 01:53 AM
MDRX8,

There`s absolutely nothing wrong with having your own personal feelings about a product. That being said, there`s also nothing wrong with topping jetseal with a carnauba, if that`s the look you are after.

I may actually do the same as you just to see if it`s possible for my truck to look even better!! LOL. I`ll most likely throw another coat of jetseal on tomorrow, and then top it this weekend with Souveran, just like you did.

The number one reason for me to use jetseal was the durability claims, and the fact that it does look good by itself, so I know what the *worst* case scenario is since Souveran doesn`t last but a week or two.

Final Verdict?