PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad CHEAP!

Pages : [1] 2

delikid
06-20-2007, 11:39 AM
I`ve been cleaning the hell outta my G35`s wheels trying to get that last bit of nasty grit and tar offa them. Still got bad spots. So, in reading through the Censura posts of tar remover, I saw that Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad has a good rating. So, I`ve been looking for it...

Searching over the web, I found a lot of places selling the pads. Delivered to N.C. are the prices below for one pad. After I found the properautocare.com price, I wanted to pass along some cheap info! ;)

Bikedepot.net................ $12.94

Pinnaclewax.com........... $12.94

Auto-geek.net............... $10.98

Superior Car Care......... $10.94

properautocare.com...... $7.90

Cheers,

Ian

codiddy
06-20-2007, 12:38 PM
I`ve been cleaning the hell outta my G35`s wheels trying to get that last bit of nasty grit and tar offa them. Still got bad spots. So, in reading through the Censura posts of tar remover, I saw that Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad has a good rating. So, I`ve been looking for it...

Searching over the web, I found a lot of places selling the pads. Delivered to N.C. are the prices below for one pad. After I found the properautocare.com price, I wanted to pass along some cheap info! ;)

Bikedepot.net................ $12.94

Pinnaclewax.com........... $12.94

Auto-geek.net............... $10.98

Superior Car Care......... $10.94

properautocare.com...... $7.90

Cheers,

Ian

they are only 4.99 at autogeek.

Twon
06-20-2007, 12:59 PM
$4.95 now @ properautocare

codiddy
06-20-2007, 01:02 PM
$4.95 now @ properautocare

so do those prices include shipping? And i don`t think a lot of people buy and then pay shipping on one small item. I like to buy a bunch of stuff at once and then ship it all.

PTRon
06-20-2007, 01:36 PM
His prices include shipping. I can`t understand paying that much (over 50% of the price) for shpg on 1 small product either.

delikid
06-20-2007, 01:49 PM
so do those prices include shipping? And i don`t think a lot of people buy and then pay shipping on one small item. I like to buy a bunch of stuff at once and then ship it all.

Yeah, with shipping. And I TRY to always avoid the `buy one thing` routine. But, occationally, other than something that costs $100+, there not anything that I need/ want.

gmblack3
06-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks guys I just ordered 12 of them. Some of the local guys in Atlanta will get a few.

I had placed an order today for 6 of the orange CCS pads, so I called and got these added to the order.

Setec Astronomy
06-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Have any of you actually used this sponge?

SuperBee364
06-20-2007, 05:54 PM

Not me... those things scare me. There`s no way I could be convinced to rub one of those on my paint.

ed2065
06-20-2007, 07:38 PM
autogeek has them for $4.99 Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad can be used on glass, chrome, vinyl, fiberglass, paint and clearcoats—100% safe when used with soapy water. (http://www.autogeek.net/pinsafscrub.html)

SilverLexus
06-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks guys I just ordered 12 of them. Some of the local guys in Atlanta will get a few.

Thanks Bryan. Hook me up. :)

3Dog
06-20-2007, 11:03 PM
You can find them much cheaper and different styles at janitor supply places.

They are called Honeycomb.

wytstang
06-21-2007, 12:30 AM

I have with no problems, I just mix up some NXT or CG and let it soak for a few minutes. Then I make sure it`s covered in foam (and stays covered) and gently move to and fro. I have applied slighlt pressure with no ill affects, I just prefer not to if I can. It feels stiff at first but once soaked it softens up nicely.

imported_FMINUS
06-21-2007, 01:46 AM
I use it and I love it, no scratches

gmblack3
07-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Have used these on the last 3-4 details I did. I pretreat the areas with BP bug squash and let dwell out of the sun. Then I dip the sponge in some soapy water (usually Z7) I do a section and keep dipping the sponge in the bucket of soapy water. I also use it on the lower panels behind the wheels wells for tar, ect. I am also going to cut one of them down and use for stubborn wheels.

Does not mar or scratch the surface. Will try and get some pics with lights after the next use.