PDA

View Full Version : S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser

Pages : [1] 2

00GREENMACHINE
05-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Does anyone use this product out there??? I have forgotten I bought some months ago and figured I would try it out. I am guessing you can use it after something like ssr2.5. Its suspose to have the cleaning ability with no white power.

Could I wash the car and go straight to this? Do you think this would do good after ssr2.5? Also would you use a white or a orange pad and what speed.

CharlesW
05-31-2005, 04:56 PM
Does anyone use this product out there??? I have forgotten I bought some months ago and figured I would try it out. I am guessing you can use it after something like ssr2.5. Its suspose to have the cleaning ability with no white power.

Could I wash the car and go straight to this? Do you think this would do good after ssr2.5? Also would you use a white or a orange pad and what speed.It seems to be a decent paint cleaner/polish, but it won`t remove swirls or hazing left by a more aggressive product.
If you don`t need to remove any swirls, it shpuld be fine after washing the car.
SSR2.5 might leave some hazing that the S100 SEC wouldn`t remove.
I don`t know what white or orange pads might be. I used a Meguiar`s polishing pad at a speed of 4.5 when I used it.
FWIW, S100 Carnauba was the LSP when I used it.

Charles

AMDin93103
05-31-2005, 09:11 PM
You could use it after 2.5 but i have found it to work best after a final step in swirl removing. It is going to add a very faint depth and gloss to curves, only to the discerning eye.

I use it on my GF`s white Subaru about every four weeks. She parks under trees/birds all day while at work and after claying gently with a mild clay (I like CK) I use my PC/Excel green pad and SEPC on 4.5 just like CharlesW. It cleans without removing all the SG I have built up and then I top with S100 wax. The whole process takes me an extra hour a month. Worth it IMHO. It has a very small spot in my arsenal, , , at least my GF likes it.

Big Leegr
05-31-2005, 09:37 PM
It seems pretty mild. As previously mentioned, it won`t address swirls/scratches.
Not bad as a paint cleaner, though.
I, too, had used it as a "maintenance" step when using S100.
If the car is in pretty good shape, this combo might be all you need.
I`ve gotten comments from people who don`t know much about wax, saying that they noticed a difference with regards to the paint after using these 2 products.
I`ve heard it acts a bit like a glaze, in that it may have some fillers, but I haven`t done any verification of that. As AMD said, it adds some gloss, and isn`t too tough to use. Comes off pretty easily (at least when used in the shade.).

Anthony A
06-01-2005, 04:17 AM
It cleans without removing all the SG I have built up and then I top with S100 wax.

That I find very hard to believe. S100 is not that abrasive but it is abrasive as well as a chemical cleaner and most certainly will strip SG off your paint. In fact it will remove haze on dark paints left by mild polishes. It`s one of my favorite products either in the S100 version or P21S version (yes they are the exact same product)

AMDin93103
06-01-2005, 03:34 PM
That I find very hard to believe. S100 is not that abrasive but it is abrasive as well as a chemical cleaner and most certainly will strip SG off your paint.
:dunno You may be right, it seems like a very subjective observation. IMHO, I believe it does not strip all of the SG that I have built up over some time. FWIW, you do have a good argument.

Anthony A
06-01-2005, 03:53 PM
:dunno You may be right, it seems like a very subjective observation. IMHO, I believe it does not strip all of the SG that I have built up over some time. FWIW, you do have a good argument.

You have multiple coats of SG on your car and then you apply S100 SEC. What did you observe that lead you to determine that SG was still present?

AMDin93103
06-01-2005, 07:59 PM
I have not observed any characteristics of SG still having a substantial presence on the paints surface. If its possible to see such characteristics after using a product with fillers that leaves such a wet appearance such as SEPC/GEPC I would be suprised. I do not use the product to remove hazing from polishes or anything other than the contaminants on the surface of the wax that have accumulated over 30 or so days. Given the moderately mild pad selection and the lack of time I spend breaking the product down, I do not feel its a very aggressive product (chem or abrsv) nor do I believe that I am removing much of the SG. Like I said, it seems very subjective.. .

Anthony A
06-01-2005, 09:04 PM
I have not observed any characteristics of SG still having a substantial presence on the paints surface. If its possible to see such characteristics after using a product with fillers that leaves such a wet appearance such as SEPC/GEPC I would be suprised.

That was what I was insinuating in my previous post.

If S100 didn`t remove SG it would be a pretty useless cleaner. I have found it to be excellent.

AMDin93103
06-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Okay Anthony. :moon:

Anthony A
06-02-2005, 05:05 AM
Okay Anthony. :moon:

Thats funny. :LOLOL Why you mooning me? You were the one that said you didn`t think S100 cleaner removed any SG. Than couldn`t give an explanation of what made you think that. In fact you went as far as to say you would be suprised if there was any way to see if SG had been removed using a product such as S100 with all it`s fillers. If so how did you detemine SG had not been removed?

Tell me, is mooning people standard operating procedure for people who talk out their ass? Here you go :bsflag

JaredPointer
06-02-2005, 07:12 AM
I think I can pee farther than both of you, so let`s just kiss and make up. :)

AutopiaAdmin
06-02-2005, 07:32 AM
I think I can pee farther than both of you, so let`s just kiss and make up. :)

Is that up for public debate?

JaredPointer
06-02-2005, 07:40 AM
Is that up for public debate?

Only if you want it to be. :)

(It was meant in a jovial way)

AMDin93103
06-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Thats funny. :LOLOL Why you mooning me? You were the one that said you didn`t think S100 cleaner removed any SG. Than couldn`t give an explanation of what made you think that. In fact you went as far as to say you would be suprised if there was any way to see if SG had been removed using a product such as S100 with all it`s fillers. If so how did you detemine SG had not been removed?

Tell me, is mooning people standard operating procedure for people who talk out their ass? Here you go :bsflag

Pretty over this conversation. . . you obviously feel very passionately about the powers of SEPC and I am not going to keep "talking out my ass?! or rather spelling my opinion out to you so you can take it out of context in quotes. The smiley dropping his drawers was a sign that I was giving up the fight of the mightiest paint cleanser in your arsenal. I don`t come to DC for personal attacks and when they arise I prefer not to partake. I suggest you agree to disagree pal, it`s only a paint cleanser.