PDA

View Full Version : anyone else get grossed out by this????

odonnellb
06-19-2007, 11:35 PM
YouTube - Freedom Waterless Car Wash Demonstration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ewYkaVvUs&mode=related&search=)

then read the comments below it

Hello,

It contains organic soaps and other surfactants that breakdown the dirt, the polymers wrap around what is left over, it is absorbed and removed into the fibers of the plush microfiber towel. It is then finally buffed to a high shine with a second, clean microfiber towel. Then you unfold the first towel and refold it to a clean section and repeat the process. If the towel gets too dirty, switch to a clean one. Thanks for the question.

-Dave

if the towel gets "too dirty" so a little bit of dirt wont scratch or swirl your car.....yeappppp

i was watching it like getting the chills! what has this website done to me

SVR
06-19-2007, 11:47 PM
the stuff is a brilliant waterless wash but I`d never use it the way he did

odonnellb
06-20-2007, 12:16 AM
i bet it is.....but yeah a car that dirty needs a hose....sorry....that just grosses me out

nighttraingirl
06-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Yuck! Check out the crusty microfiber he is using to apply the product. I thought he said you were supposed to use a new one when it got dirty? I wouldn`t use a cloth that dirty on my rims. No, no, no, and NO.

It reminds me of Professor Amos on QVC detailing his Caddy with the BOM. LOL have you ever seen that? At first I thought it was funny but now it makes me sick.

a.k.a. Patrick
06-20-2007, 12:58 AM
the stuff is a brilliant waterless wash but I`d never use it the way he did

My feelings also. Great stuff, especially the F1 version.....

stiffdogg06
06-20-2007, 01:24 AM
I`d like to see the before/afters under halogens with the way he was wiping!:scared:

SVR
06-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Oh yeah. Your not kidding

Brian_Brice
06-20-2007, 06:06 AM
the biggest problem with that video is he seems so confident in his methods, which means he probably spreads the swirled up word.

jester7677
06-20-2007, 10:14 AM
I`d love to see what the paint job looks like after whatever glaze/consealer is in that product, wears out.

My obsessive side might urge me to hurt the man if that were my car.

Now, if I had an old tired car, and did not know any better, I might not care. Might.

Ben Kenobi
06-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Ahhh that gave me the heebies. I couldn`t believe how dirty that mf looked and the speed at which he was wiping. Yeah just grind that into the paint, the patented poly-fluro thingys will cover it up. I don`t dispute it is a great product but the way it was used... shudder :eek:

Nighttraingirl, what is BOM by the way? We don`t get the QVC channel up here but have an equally bad one called "The Shopping Channel".

Brian_Brice
06-20-2007, 10:33 AM
yeah im gonna take svr and patricks word for the product itself, just don`t know why they would advertise with that guy and those tools and that method.

that video didn`t make me want to order any.

nighttraingirl
06-20-2007, 01:02 PM
BOM is a sort of multi-purpose detailer, it works great on motorcycle chrome, glass and mirrors. BUT -The guy who pushes it uses it to clean cars like a QD. It has no lubricants or wax in it at all. More like Windex. I would never use it for a QD. The company makes tire wipes metal polish under the same name, also. Here is the product I was referring to.

Professor Amos Wonder Products (http://www.itsthebom.net/1105384.html)

It is very expensive IMO but it does work great on chrome and glass. OH it says on the front page that he was on the Home Shopping Channel last week.

nighttraingirl
06-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Actually this is the product I used-it was called the BOM but now it`s Captain Richards something or other. Captain Richards Best Cleaning and Polishing Products (http://www.captainrichardsbest.com/id22.htm) apparently the products had the same name? Any how the professor amos speil on QVC is scary.

3Dog
06-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Captain Richards Best Cleaning and Polishing Products (http://www.captainrichardsbest.com/welcome.htm)

Not an endosement.

Ben Kenobi
06-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Ah, thanks for the info, I figured it was something like what you described. The sales people are wild on these shopping channels. Always good for a laugh anyways!