PDA

View Full Version : 1Z vs. Menzerna

Pages : [1] 2

fd3annen
06-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Just asking for comparison between the two products before I order them with my PC. Not sure if there is a difference in the way the products make the paint look. I am looking to achieve that deep wet look. Any inputs would be great!

Thanks

stiffdogg06
06-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Well Menzerna is known for their polishes. So, in reality, neither 1z or menz. polishes will give you a wet/deep look. If the paint is pretty bad, the polishes removing so many scratches and oxidation that it may APPEAR that the paint got deeper/wetter; but really you just removed the micro layer of scratches and what not. The wax/sealant will give ya the wet/deep look for the most part.

I can`t comment on 1z because I have never used anything by them. But I can tell you that Menzerna polishes are 2nd to none. They remove scratches easily with PC, 106ff or any finishing polish leaves beautiful LSP ready paint. Look at the click & Brags, A LOT of the people use Menzerna polishes with great results! I don`t see many people use the 1z line on here. But each to his own.

crew219
06-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I wasn`t that much of a fan when using the 1Z polishes by rotary. I found that my pad gummed up easily with their products whether I used a little, a lot, or a medium amount. I tried cutting it with water, RMG & etc and it still gummed up. Perhaps it was because the rotary does produce a bit of heat whereas the PC does not. Either way, I`ve used Menzerna on both PC and rotary and have been quite impressed with their offerings.

Dave

Accumulator
06-19-2007, 06:40 PM
NOTE: The only Menzerna product I`ve tried (so far) is FP (version 1).

If working by rotary, I`d lean towards Menzerna. If working by hand I`d choose 1Z for sure. If by PC/Cyclo it`d depend on whether or not I was trying for true perfection (in which case I`d probably go with Menzerna,but that`s just a hypothetical). If just getting started by PC/Cyclo I`d go with 1Z.

And I suspect the Menzerna finshing polishes for scratch-resistant clear are truly exceptional (haven`t gotten around to trying mine yet :o ).

But for a penultimate product on an already marring-free finish, I got better results with 1Z Pro-Line MP than I did with FP. This was a side-by-side comparison using the Cyclo. The difference might`ve been attributable to the stuff that the 1Z leaves behind, but whatever the reason, I liked the look better. But the difference was *mighty* subtle. FWIW that ended up being the best detail I`ve *ever* done, I simply cannot imagine it turning out better (haven`t equalled it since, either :o ).

And FWIW#2, while I`ve hardly done anything with Menzerna polishes, I go through a *lot* of 1Z, and I consider myself pretty particular about how well our vehicles look.

fd3annen
06-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Well Menzerna is known for their polishes. So, in reality, neither 1z or menz. polishes will give you a wet/deep look. If the paint is pretty bad, the polishes removing so many scratches and oxidation that it may APPEAR that the paint got deeper/wetter; but really you just removed the micro layer of scratches and what not. The wax/sealant will give ya the wet/deep look for the most part.

What Wax/sealent, and or glaze would you recommend to follow the polishing with to get the deeper/wetter look? Price isn`t an issue so whatever is the great stuff you recomend then let me know! Thanks everyone

stiffdogg06
06-19-2007, 09:19 PM
What color car?

Lighter colors probably Nattys Red, Jeff Werkstatt CJ, or Opti-Seal.

Darker colors I really like to put RMG/FTG (glazes) and then either Souveran or AJT.

Or you could a few thousand and buy some Zymol Vintage LoL:rofl

Crusader101
06-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Can you use AJ-T over RMG?

porta
06-20-2007, 02:43 AM
Menzerna hands down. PO83 and PO106FF.

fd3annen
06-20-2007, 02:54 AM
What color car?

Lighter colors probably Nattys Red, Jeff Werkstatt CJ, or Opti-Seal.

Darker colors I really like to put RMG/FTG (glazes) and then either Souveran or AJT.

Or you could a few thousand and buy some Zymol Vintage LoL:rofl

My car is red....and one more thing....can you say the full name and not the acronym....I am not familiar enough with all the brands to know the acronym! thanks

fd3annen
06-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Menzerna hands down. PO83 and PO106FF.

Not sure what part numbers are what but I have a red car and after the two stage polishing, I was thinking the Menzerna finishing glaze and top that with the pinnacle caranuba wax....sound good or no...thanks for the help

Pennypacker
06-20-2007, 03:29 AM
Each company makes many different detailing products, especially 1Z, so what exactly are you trying to compare? Even the polishes are different as most of the consumer-line 1Z polishes leave something behind, whereas the Menzerna polishes do not. Some prefer the former characteristic. Others prefer the latter.

Regardless, both make high-quality stuff and I very rarely hear anything bad spoken about either. If I had to make a broad characterization, I would say that the 1Z line is generally more user-friendly.

porta
06-20-2007, 03:32 AM
Sry,

Menzerna PO83 = Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO 83Q Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-super-intensive-polish.html)

Menzerna PO106FF = Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106 Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-nano-polish.html)

Another Glaze from the real Menzerna = Menzerna Finishing Glaze PO 115C Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-finishing-glaze.html)

velobard
06-20-2007, 07:46 AM
My car is red....and one more thing....can you say the full name and not the acronym....I am not familiar enough with all the brands to know the acronym! thanks

I try to make allowances when I`m responding to someone fairly new here, but overall you will find Autopia easier to understand if you keep this handy.

http://autopia.org/forum/faq.php?faq=secret_decoder_ring

There`s newer stuff not in it yet, but there`s also a thread in Detailing Products asking for suggestions for an update.

Accumulator
06-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Without the acronyms this stuff would be such a PIA that I wouldn`t post nearly as often as I do.

1Z= "Ein Zett" = One "Z" (in German)

MP= Metallic Polish (from the above)

FP= Final Polish (from Menzerna).

Only problem with Souveran paste wax is that it doesn`t last long. And I find it gets a little "soft"/"tacky" and can hold dirt more than some other waxes. Good for garage queens (I use it on the Jag) but not my choice for drivers these days (don`t want to rewax that often).

stiffdogg06
06-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Can you use AJ-T over RMG?

I do, what seems to be the problem?:bat <--:laugh:

I also use AJ-T over FTG.