PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun Not Working! Help

GetAudiHere
06-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Alright so I have used my foam gun maybe 2 or 3 times since I have got it a couple of months ago. I went to go use it yesterday and there was hardly any foam!:nixweiss I was not happy! I was playing with the different settings and nothing was happening. There was a little bit of soap coming through but nothing like it performed before. Anyone have any idea what it could be? O and also this could actually be the problem but for some reason the pressure coming out of the foaming tip was not very hard. I disconnected the bottle part and just used the sqeeze handle and the pressure seemed normal but when I put the bottle attachment on the pressure just wasnt there. :nixweiss :nixweiss

Any ideas?

BigAl3
06-19-2007, 01:51 PM
did you check to make sure there wasn`t any missing parts?

codiddy
06-19-2007, 02:06 PM
is dried soap clogging anything?

Changeling
06-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Sounds like the pick-up tube in the bottle has something stuck in it.

Changeling

Accumulator
06-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Sounds like the pick-up tube in the bottle has something stuck in it...

Yeah, that`s what I think too. Check that the screen at the bottom of the tube isn`t clogged.

Also check that the tiny hole in the threaded plug at the top of the brass housing isn`t clogged.

Evenflow
06-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Strange im having the same problem. I have only used my Danase foam gun for two times, and now its not shooting out any foam at all. Ill have to check it out next time I use it and make sure nothing is clogged.

Accumulator
06-19-2007, 06:28 PM
With mine, it has almost always been the clogging. But my oldest one simply doesn`t work any more and I`ve never figured out why. If I cared enough I`d contact Gilmour, who supposedly has great customer service.

BigAl3
06-19-2007, 06:47 PM
when i`m done using my foamgun, i fill up the container with water and spray out any leftover soap/residue so it doesn`t get clogged...

Accumulator
06-19-2007, 08:20 PM
BigAl3- that`s probably a smart idea.

JohnZ3MC
06-19-2007, 08:28 PM
BigAl3`s idea is much better than mine. I assume something is clogging the tiny openings so I put my mouth over the offending areas and blow like the dickens. When I hear air escaping out other openings I know all is well but I`m starting to find Detailer`s Pride Extreme Foaming Shampoo quite flavourful.

I`m switching to BigAl3`s method.

-John C.

GetAudiHere
06-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Also check that the tiny hole in the threaded plug at the top of the brass housing isn`t clogged.

What is this your talking about? Where is it?

fd3annen
06-20-2007, 11:29 AM
speaking of the foaming guns.....I have read about them, are they worth what they say? I usually just use a spray nozzle, a bucket, and some paint wash. does the gun work that great?

Accumulator
06-20-2007, 11:51 AM
fd3annen- Used properly, they can be. I no longer have to polish out wash-induced marring every spring. Wouldn`t wash without one.

GetAudiHere- I`m doing this from memory, without the foamgun in front of me but..

At the top of it, perpendicular to the sliding brass bar, there`s a threaded plug that screws into the main brass housing. This plug has a tiny bleed hole in it, and if that becomes clogged you get what I assume is a vacuum-lock situation.

imported_sonyexec
06-20-2007, 12:14 PM
FD3 - I just got mine 4 weeks ago and it`s the greatest time saver and makes washing the car a lot easier. I don`t do this for a living [although i can`t see how a pro detailer can work without one] so Im only washing my two cars but it beats bending over 15 times to rinse out a wash mit.

now i just:

1. hose off car with plain water and the nozel that comes with the foam gun

2. attach the foam gun and spray down the car so it`s covered with foam.

3. spray the foam onto the wash mit (sort of priming the mitt).

4. start scrubbing away.

5. remove the foam gun and spray down the car again using the foam gun sprayer with clean water to remove foam.

6. bam! done {well after i get to the wheels & tires}.

Neighbors crack up at me because Im always sporting some detail gadget they have never seen before. Seeing my car covered in foam brought them all out 4 weeks ago. Anywho, best $56 I ever spent. Make sure to get the quick release feature.