PDA

View Full Version : Preventing Water spots

xcoldricex
06-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Is there anyway to prevent water spots? I recently did a detail - poli-seal with two coats of NB. I live in a condo complex that seems to over water the grass and allows the sprinklers to spray all over the place. So if I have to park outside, the water will spray onto my car and in the morning I`ll have a bunch of dried water spots on my car. They don`t come out very well with QD - and I end up having to wash the whole car. Is there any way to prevent these (besides not parking outside) or a good way to get rid of them without having to do a full wash?

also, when doing a wash, I was wondering if there were any tips to soak up the water that gets caught in the cracks? I have trouble soaking all the excess up.. because it`ll dribble down the sides of the paint I already have wiped dry - leaving water streaks, which I have to go back and QD out.

Thanks!

Danny318
06-19-2007, 12:58 AM
well for the water in the cracks thing, use a leaf blower or an air compressor or something like that that blows air.

kapinnn
06-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Try ONR diluted to QD strength for the water spots. For the cracks, wheels, door handle, and trim, I use a leaf blower at home. I am seriously considering an ait compressor for my mobile business though.

Wetwerks
06-19-2007, 08:47 AM
agree on using the leaf blower (electric) or air compressor for the water in cracks after a wash. Try to avoid using a gas powered blower, a lot of models will direct the exhaust out of the blower side. Since a majority of them are 2 stroke, you will be spraying oil exhaust residue onto the vehicle.

Walter

mikelea4ever
06-19-2007, 11:37 AM
yah be careful on those gas powered blower. good luck.