PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP

Pages : [1] 2

b8factor
06-18-2007, 04:08 AM
I have a new Porsche Cayman. I just drove it across country and it is riddled with 100`s of dried dead bugs. I did do a Zaino wax on it 3 months earlier.

I found a PRO detailer in Las Vegas, were I am currently, and he is going to do a water free wash. He has a spray provided from "Rightlook". There is going to be no soap and wash prior? Is this normal? Is this dangerous for my Midnight blue paint? I do not want swirls.

-William

b8factor@yaho .... you know the rest.

Kn0x
06-18-2007, 06:16 AM
I can`t say for sure, but if it was me, I would prefer someone wash my car first and then go over it with a QD or something.

joshtpa
06-18-2007, 06:39 AM
ONR is a wash that is great and very common on these reads. It is a rinseless wash with no soap or suds. It does not induce swirls.

Todd@RUPES
06-18-2007, 06:40 AM
I can`t say for sure, but if it was me, I would prefer someone wash my car first and then go over it with a QD or something.

Yeah, why take the chance, I wouldn`t.

Those love bugs need to be sprayed with a softner, then removed individually. I would recommend the car be washed the traditional way.

Cassman
06-18-2007, 09:43 AM
The stuff he is going to use doesn`t sound like a rinseless product like ONR. It sounds like a waterless product. I wouldn`t let him use that on my car.

velobard
06-18-2007, 10:22 AM
The stuff he is going to use doesn`t sound like a rinseless product like ONR. It sounds like a waterless product. I wouldn`t let him use that on my car.

A very big +1 in my book. There`s a big difference between waterless and rinseless.

the other pc
06-18-2007, 12:01 PM
A quick look over at Rightlook’s website shows they do indeed have a waterless wash. (I didn’t see a rinseless wash.)

My concern about detailers that use waterless wash products is that they’re usually doing it to make their work easier/faster/cheaper by avoiding dealing with water rather than because it’s what’s best for the paint.

Just a side note, I’ve heard a rumor (and it is just a vicious, unsubstantiated rumor, because I haven’t actually tried) that it’s difficult to find a competent detailer in Vegas. Do your homework and interview your prospective detailers carefully (as one always should).

I know at least one local detailer here who got a call from a frustrated car collector in Vegas to see if he would drive out there to detail the guy’s cars. The customer was willing to pay his travel expenses to get him out there.

PC.

b8factor
06-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Yeah, why take the chance, I wouldn`t.

Those love bugs need to be sprayed with a softner, then removed individually. I would recommend the car be washed the traditional way.

The only other detailer i have found is the Porshe dealer. I am sure they just do a regular wash and dry.

I feel stuck now, I have all the bugs dried on the car and since i do not live here i am stuck as to how to get the car detailed. I have no "product" with me.

-William

Kn0x
06-18-2007, 12:33 PM
I think I am missing something here.

Are you taking this to a show or something that you need to pay a detailer to remove bugs?

Drive it through a touchless car wash or pick up a waffle weave drying towel, a mitt and some car shampoo and take it to a DIY wash if you want the bugs off.

b8factor
06-18-2007, 12:41 PM
I think I am missing something here.

Are you taking this to a show or something that you need to pay a detailer to remove bugs?

Drive it through a touchless car wash or pick up a waffle weave drying towel, a mitt and some car shampoo and take it to a DIY wash if you want the bugs off.

I am on a long vacation in vegas, 3 months. I just drove the car from FL. I do not have the resources to do it myself. That is why I have been looking for a pro. I did do a full Zaino waz job before i left town, 3K miles ago.

Kn0x
06-18-2007, 12:49 PM
I am on a long vacation in vegas, 3 months. I just drove the car from FL. I do not have the resources to do it myself. That is why I have been looking for a pro. I did do a full Zaino waz job before i left town, 3K miles ago.

I have a new Porsche Cayman. I just drove it across country and it is riddled with 100`s of dried dead bugs. I did do a Zaino wax on it 3 months earlier.

I thought you said you did the Zaino wax 3 months ago.

Anywho, my point was that you could drive through a touchless car wash and achieve the results you want. (getting the bugs off and cleaning the car) or you could drive to a local wal-mart and pick up the few items you need to wash it yourself at a local do it yourself Coin op wash. There really isn`t a lot of resources involved.

b8factor
06-18-2007, 12:59 PM
I thought you said you did the Zaino wax 3 months ago.

Anywho, my point was that you could drive through a touchless car wash and achieve the results you want. (getting the bugs off and cleaning the car) or you could drive to a local wal-mart and pick up the few items you need to wash it yourself at a local do it yourself Coin op wash. There really isn`t a lot of resources involved.

Yes, I did do a Zaino 3 months ago. I did it in Cincy, Oh in April. I then drove to Fl were the car sat outisde for a month and week getting water stains. Then I drove it to LA, and then to TX. I am now in Vegas were I will be here for 3 monthsd playing poker. I wanted to have a pro job done from bug removal, too wash, to another wax job. I am sure 3 months of hard use has taken the Zaino away.

I understand what your saying. Perhaps it is like me telling my mom how easy it is to send a file over the internet.... she can not even turn the PC on. I am a noob to car care, I just want to find a no worry stop that will make all my troubles go away... and pay them to do it for me. That way i can concnetrte on poker, which is why i came to vegas.

If i find no help in the next few days i may takeon what you propsed, but the car needs a full detailing anyway and if i am going to pay someone to clean the car i mind as well get them to do the whole shebang.

-William

Kn0x
06-18-2007, 01:06 PM
That makes a lot more sense. Yeah, if you are going for the full detail and you want another wax job, etc - then taking to a pro is the smart choice. Especially since you have other things to do in Vegas.

mikelea4ever
06-18-2007, 01:33 PM
you must had put in a lot of miles in you car eh? :) I would find a pro detailer if I were you but just make sure that they won`t mess your great car. :)

b8factor
06-18-2007, 01:37 PM
you must had put in a lot of miles in you car eh? :) I would find a pro detailer if I were you but just make sure that they won`t mess your great car. :)

I did this year yes... put some miles on it. I took a year off of work to tour the US and i decided to do it in my porsche. Probably not the best choice but it has been fun so far. :)