PDA

View Full Version : Need help. No idea where to even start

Ghost410
06-18-2007, 12:45 AM
I`m going to be detailing a Jeep Grand Cherokee that has some paint spatter from the road on one side. With a quick test, I was quickly able to get the splatter off the painted surface itself with a clay bar, but I don`t even know where to start to try to get it off the grainy black plastic surfaces on the side.

So what can I do/use to get the paint off the grainy black plastic? It is dried, thats for sure, so I don`t even know where to start.

PLEASE AUTOPIA. GIVE ME THE WAY HERE. Thank you for all responses and all opinions/response are greatly appreciated.

Ghost410
06-18-2007, 03:02 PM
TTT

Please anyone`s help is greatly appreciated.

mikelea4ever
06-18-2007, 03:49 PM
try mothers back to black product.

a.k.a. Patrick
06-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Is the plastic porous? I dont thinkyou`ll have a problem claying it if its a sealed/molded plastic. You have to be careful with naptha/petroleum based products around plastic. Can you pick it off with your fingernail? Plastic razor? Ya just need to get under one edge and it should pop right off.

BlueLibby04
06-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Plastic razor may work.. Clay bar could also work on that plastic since its just hard plastic. We have a grand cherokee with the plastic sides but Ive never used clay on them..

06c350sport
06-19-2007, 09:07 AM
One trick that has worked for me in the past is to get a soft gum-based eraser from an arts&crafts store. Get the biggest one you can find, and the softer the better. Try rubbing the paint off with the eraser.