PDA

View Full Version : Door Jams/interior brackets

Pages : [1] 2

ruining
06-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Okay, sorry but I searched and searched to find the best process for door jams, but I couldn`t find one. What do y`all use to do door jams quickly? It takes forever for me to get my big sausage fingers in there to detail the hinges and wiring stuff. What`s best practice?

Also, inside what do you use for the seat/seat belt brackets that are dirty and grimy. On my last `detail`, I used DG APC on the seat brackets and they came out REALLY well, but I worry about overspray onto the carpets and upholstry and I just can`t reach everything.

Any input?

Thanks. I LOVE this place.:woot2:

optimusp517
06-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Here`s a trick I do for my customers for all car washes...

Before I start anywhere else I`ll open the door and spray some APC/degreaser and then take a pressure washer and go at it, any spray that goes into the car can be cleaned up after that.

If the door jams aren`t too bad I just get a sponge and some soap and clean it from there...

ruining
06-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Here`s a trick I do for my customers for all car washes...

Before I start anywhere else I`ll open the door and spray some APC/degreaser and then take a pressure washer and go at it, any spray that goes into the car can be cleaned up after that.

If the door jams aren`t too bad I just get a sponge and some soap and clean it from there...

I should have mentioned that I don`t have a pressure washer yet. I never would have thought to just go at it with the door open. Thanks for the tip.

mikebai1990
06-18-2007, 09:33 AM
I use ONR on the door jambs and it works pretty well. If you have oil and grease all over, then maybe APC. Otherwise, ONR does a fantastic job.

mikelea4ever
06-18-2007, 04:50 PM
a soap should take care of it.

ruining
06-18-2007, 11:14 PM
a soap should take care of it.

Never thought of soap.;)

Seriously, guys. Thanks for the advice. I just need to be cutting time somewhere and it seems like I`m always trying for an hour to just get my fat hands in the hinges and nooks and crannies.

jmorton10
06-19-2007, 06:27 AM
Before I start anywhere else I`ll open the door and spray some APC/degreaser and then take a pressure washer and go at it..

Doesn`t that make an awful mess inside the car??

I have a pressure washer (3200 psi Honda), but I can`t see how you would do this without making a disaster of the interior (although I would like to try it)......

~John

kaval
06-19-2007, 06:51 AM
but I can`t see how you would do this without making a disaster of the interior (although I would like to try it)......

~John

hahaha!

Actually it works quite well and really doesn`t leave all that much to clean up:woot:

CHAOS
06-19-2007, 06:58 AM
i dont think it would be too bad, just be careful where you are spraying... im able to aim my honda pw pretty well with the provided white tip or even the black low pressure tip

Black Diamond
06-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Spray APC first and let sit for 5 minutes

I use a little Car Wash soap mixed with a little ONR in a Pressure sprayer to use as a rinse. The pressure sprayer is much more controlled than a Pressure washer.

Then wash the car as normal.

Dry

Wetwerks
06-19-2007, 09:15 AM
I know the OP does not have a PW, but that is what we do. Spray with some APC (we have been using Amazing Roll-off) with great results. Let dwell for 5 minutes then hit it with the PW with the low pressure tip. Works evertime, with very little water getting inside the vehicle. Care must be taken when using the PW with the doors open, just use common sense.

If you don`t have a PW, then spray down with a APC, let it dwell, get in with a small brush then use the hose without an attachment (flood technique). That should yield similar results.

Walter

Walter

BobD
06-19-2007, 10:00 AM
I use the Tornador Car Tool for the jams and it works great. People really notice how clean they are too.

ruining
06-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the input, guys. No pressure washer yet. Looks like I`ll be picking up some more brushes.

ron231
06-19-2007, 07:39 PM
I use the Tornador Car Tool for the jams and it works great. People really notice how clean they are too.

Me too, I love that thing, been posting like crazy about it ever since I picked it up.

TrueDetailer
06-19-2007, 08:01 PM
I Degrease,scrub with a spoke brush, then blast out with a pressure washer. Good as new.