PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs some help with oxidation on 2000 Kia

Ground Zero
06-17-2007, 09:38 PM
I am getting ready to sell my Kia. It has alot of oxidation on the hood trunk and roof. I tried using some Mothers clay and polish but that did not help. I used some turtle wax rubbing compound and that seemed to help some. I have been working on the hood for about 3 hours and it still needs ALOT of work. I also have a ryobi 6" orbital buffer that I am using.

Can someone please tell me step by step and product by product what I should do to remove the oxidation. I am not looking for a showroom shine but getting some shine out of the old paint would sure be nice.

Thank you to all the experts in advance.

mikebai1990
06-17-2007, 10:28 PM
I wonder if the rubbing compound left swirls and marring in the paint. That stuff is pretty aggressive... For oxidation I would recommend Klasse AIO or Meguiars ColorX.

dietoremain
06-17-2007, 10:31 PM
It sounds like you are describing clear coat failure and thinking it may be oxidation. Do you have any pics? and yes definitely stay away from the old fashioned rubbing compounds those are useless. pick up a PC and some Meguiar`s or Optimum polishes while you`re at it.

Setec Astronomy
06-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Pics are a must at this point.