PDA

View Full Version : interior CLOTH cleaning picture thread

Envious Eric
06-17-2007, 06:36 PM
I would like to start a thread with pictures and processes and products to help people out with cleaning abilities of different products...

what I am looking for myself is a better process to clean cloth interior seats...I cant for the life of me get satisfied with results, even though the customer is happy with the improvement.

post up your pics with a process and a specific product you used

imported_bpfoley
06-17-2007, 07:07 PM
believe it or not, using dishwashing gloves works extremely well at removing lint and such from my VW cloth seats.

Envious Eric
06-17-2007, 11:31 PM
yeah I mean cloth seats that need cleaning...I have used FOLEX, megs APC+, and an upholstery cleaner with what I think sub par results, but clients are extremely happy

imported_Shaun Carollo
06-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Do you have an extractor?

optimusp517
06-17-2007, 11:52 PM
+1, I have a friend that just bought a used s14 and he said the cloth seats are nastier then heck and I haven`t seen them yet, but what are your processes and what tools works best?

Envious Eric
06-18-2007, 12:00 AM
oh yeah I have a mytee heated extractor....spray with APC+, agitate and extract has been the process with best results...

FOLEX gets sprayed on and wiped up with a terry cloth towel

ruining
06-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Well, sorry I don`t have any pics yet, but I`ve used Folex with pretty good results. The best cleaner of ANY type that I`ve used so far, however is Mequires Quick Out Stain Remover. Hardly something you would want to use on the entire seat, but that plus my Little Green Machine works wonders.

I`m still pretty new at this, though.

Have you tried the Megs quick out yet? Similar to Folex, but much better imho.

Envious Eric
06-18-2007, 05:14 PM
is it better than the APC+, which is pretty strong stuff

Djmigs
06-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Eric,

Im sure you know that you have to determine what type of stain and how to treat it.....im still new/learning to the science behind carpet cleaning lol(I need some classes).... so i cant answer but if you look @ some post made by Grouse (he stress HWE)for example (http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/74708-lgcm-carpet-upholstry.html) another good method was Sean(by hand) in his old post...just a few i can think of..i hope this helped if not my mistake...

hope everyone can post an indepth procedure on cleaning the interior(esp if everyone had diff method and what tools)

lets see em

:2thumbs: