PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Megs Ultimate QD!

Frito Bandito
06-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Found it at Wal Mart of all places. I did a walk through of the car care isle and didn`t see anything of interest. I found a small display the next isle over that had UQD so I bought a bottle. Haven`t tried it yet, but I think I`m going to give it a shot over the OCW on my sisters car later. Considering it was $9.47 I hope it`s decent stuff. I`ll post pics/thoughts when I try it.

2StepsAhead
06-16-2007, 11:07 AM
This sucks...I went to three Pep Boys friday and no one had it..

Frito Bandito
06-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I was shocked Wal Mart had it to be honest. I wasn`t even looking for it, I just stumbled onto it. Can`t wait to try it out, though.

IROC-Z
06-16-2007, 11:37 AM
A local autozone had it here. The spray is a very fine mist. I think it`s good stuff. I`d put it up in the ranks with Clearkote Quik shine.

derekbmw
06-16-2007, 12:28 PM
got mine yesterday @ autozone, $10 with $5 rebate...not bad.

Gonna try tonight.

Pats300zx
06-16-2007, 03:21 PM
I used some of the new Megs UD today. Its a pretty good QD. It left the surface very slick. I still want to see how it reacts and sheets water per Megs claims. I still think there are some better QD`s that you can get for cheaper in bulk. FK1 425, CG Spray and Wipe, etc.

The sprayer was ok. Mine was leaking out of the bottom when I was using it. No problem. I can always transfer to a better spray bottle.

I think Megs UD is much better than the NXT SD. If I had to classify it I would say its a premium OTC QD.

Frito Bandito
06-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Tried it out today and I`m failry impressed. It has the familiar NXT scent, a canuaba look and its pretty slick. If it lasts a week I`ll be pretty impressed since it just a QD. Seems like it would be a good product for someone that wants to maintain the slickness of something like FMJ or UPP. Pictures:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/FritoB/IMG_0697.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/FritoB/IMG_0694.jpg

SilverLexus
06-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Is this just a QD with a watered down polymer sealant?

kyotousa
06-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Isn`t quick shine cheaper then?...why not just use quick shine

Frito Bandito
06-17-2007, 08:00 PM
It`s called a quick detailer but seems more like a spray wax to me.......The biggest draw for me is that I can pick it up locally and not have to pay for shipping. I don`t have enough time with it to form an opinion yet so I don`t know if it will have a permanent place in my arsenal but so far I like it.

Never tried Quick Shine........does it add to the finish or is it more of a cleaning QD?

keesue
06-17-2007, 10:44 PM
I have it and I like it. After it cures, it looks fantastic. Its that `last oomph` to a well prep`d and highly polished surface. Its like the icing on the cake, so-to-speak.

RCBuddha
06-18-2007, 12:15 AM
I too, got lucky and found it at a random Autozone I happened to be passing. Did an entire car wipedown today, and the slickness is not bad, as is the cleaning ability.

Pat,

Water beading is pretty good, though I get the same kind of beading with 425, and a much slicker surface. More testing to come...

2StepsAhead
06-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Is anyone on the east coast getting this stuff lol, I want to try it.

CHAOS
06-18-2007, 08:24 AM
sounds to me like this may be a puffed up QD that isnt worth the extra cost... we`ll see i guess.