PDA

View Full Version : What do you do in this situation?

ChiefRes
06-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Your car has been recently detailed and is looking good. You make a quick errand run around dusk and you come home. The front of your car is smattered with about a dozen remnants of various bugs. The rest of the car is still fine.

Do you get the hose out?

Small bucket with a little water and a bug sponge?

QD spray and a MF towel?

Dedicated bug cloth/sponge?

Another clever technique?

imported_paradigm
06-15-2007, 09:42 PM
i would use ONR QD and wipe them off if they are still fresh and juicy....easy to clean off. if the goo has sat and dried...then i`d wait until the next wash.

BlueLibby04
06-15-2007, 09:52 PM
QD and MF. I use lots of QD to soften the bugs up and it works great. Be sure to turn the towel often to reduce swirls..

Setec Astronomy
06-15-2007, 09:59 PM
+1 to what BlueLib said, of course some QEW or ONR in a spray bottle is great too. You don`t want to leave bug guts on there, they will etch the paint.

SVR
06-16-2007, 03:06 AM
70/30 shampoo and water in trigger spray. Cover area in suds, wait a few mins, rinse off with low pressure. blot dry. or if I don`t care about time. quarter bucket full of shampoo, do a MF blot wash, rinse and Blot dry.

9935annivgt
06-16-2007, 07:34 AM
I have had really good results on my Black Mustang using Harley Davidson brand bug remover. I get it at my local Harley Davidson dealer. Use a good amount let it set for a minute wipe them off turning the MF, then come back with some detail spray. Works prety good for me.