PDA

View Full Version : JW;s AJ on top of Zaino?

Paulie Walnuts
06-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Ok so last night I put a coat of JW AJ on my fiances car and really liked how it looked.

I have 3 coats of Z2 on my car with numerous coats of Z8 and was wondering if there would be a bonding issue by putting AJ on top of the Zaino as I really dont want to start over and remove all the Z.

Thanks!

Paulie Walnuts
06-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Anyone???????????

RobD
06-15-2007, 03:24 PM
There should not be a bonding issue. However, AJ provides a noticeably darker finish on my silver paint than Zaino. Zaino is lighter and brighter.

So, if you like the way the car currently looks, you may not want to top with AJ. I suggest you try a small panel to see the outcome before applying to the whole car.

silkstone
06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
I have AJT on my car now, I was wondering the opposite--how Z2pro would bond to AJT.

If you have as many coats of sealants & waxes as I do, I think you are actually bonding mostly to your previously applied coats, rather than penetrating the clearcoat.

But having used both, Zaino to me seems to penetrate previously applied products, better than AJT. AJT feels more like a protective film, than a hard coat.

Both of them together might create a super sealant....

imported_DieselMDX
06-15-2007, 03:45 PM
john1C has been doing this on his cars tho i dont know how it is working out with them

Paulie Walnuts
06-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Well I tried JWAJ on the hood and it smeared for the most part. After waiting 30 mins to dry I tried again and it just smeared so I got out the PB SW and just took it off then applied Z5 to to the rest of the car. Looks great again as usual.