PDA

View Full Version : Chicago area need help removing scratch

iRebound
06-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Help. There`s a 12 inch long scratch on my rear quarter panel. I think it`s only on the clear coat. I tried as best I could to get it out by hand using ScratchX.

Can somebody with a PC try to polish it out for me? I`m willing to drive to your place to get it done. Please let me know. Thanx!

imported_Ivan Rajic
06-17-2007, 02:53 AM
Help. There`s a 12 inch long scratch on my rear quarter panel. I think it`s only on the clear coat. I tried as best I could to get it out by hand using ScratchX.

Can somebody with a PC try to polish it out for me? I`m willing to drive to your place to get it done. Please let me know. Thanx!

I can do it Monday evening the earliest. PM me if you`re interested

Do you have a closeup photo of the scratch ?

awahl63
06-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Where are you located? If you are in Chicago definately go to Ivan ^

If you are in a suburb I am in Barrington and can help you out.

iRebound
06-19-2007, 12:01 AM
I`m in the in Chicago near Lincolnwood. There`s a few spots that I can feel with my fingernail so I`m gonna give Touchup 123 a try.

imported_Ivan Rajic
06-19-2007, 01:32 AM
I`m in the in Chicago near Lincolnwood. There`s a few spots that I can feel with my fingernail so I`m gonna give Touchup 123 a try.

I would highly suggest trying some polishing first... if you still can`t stand how it looks, then go with touch-up

I say this because touch-up, takes a while to do nicely... you need to fill the scratch little by little until it`s even with the paint.. also you have to remember to start filling with clear coat when it`s almost the same thickness as paint around it... after that you need to fully let it cure, sand the area well, then polish it...

If you`re planning on simply throwing some matching paint on the scratch and calling it a day you`re making a huge mistake

Good luck btw

iRebound
06-19-2007, 01:37 PM
i understand that. but there are some spots where the scratch is through the clear which i don`t think polishing will fix. i`m planning to spend the whole weekend doing this the right way.

i will try and take a pic sometime tomorrow and see what you think.

thanks

iRebound
06-22-2007, 06:13 PM
okay. I will take your advice lecchilo :)