PDA

View Full Version : CG ONE and BLITZ

orngez
06-14-2007, 07:40 PM
So I love using CG ONE, its a great waterless wash product that leave a nice gloss behind, which i love following up with CG BLITZ spray sealant to give a nice boost to my existing coat of JETSEAL109 :2thumbs: So today I was "washing" my car with ONE , i would say it was between light and medium dirty, and the only thing is I got lazy as i started on my hood and didn`t wipe an area off that had ONE on it and sprayed BLITZ right over the top of it while the ONE was still wet...surprisingly the dirt all got picked up by just lightly wiping as usual, and instead of the thin very clear layer of glossing agent left behind by ONE that you normally buff off, I was left with the very milky haze I am familiar with left by BLITZ....and the towel grabbed slightly like it normally does when I use BLITZ...after letting the haze cure for 15 minutes I buffed it off..and to my surprise I was left with a super glossy hood. This got me thinking and the next step was obvious and I mix the two together and see what happens. Went heavy and did 1:1 ratio of each (i have gallons of this product so I wasnt worried if I wasted a little) To my surprise it worked REALLY WELL :woot:

My only complaint of ONE used to be that the glossing agent was really weak to the point you could rub it around with your fingers and streak it after buffing, the addition of BLITZ made ONE`s weak point no longer an issue.

I just freshly polished my trunk with menzerna 106ff and looking under all inspection lights there was no marring and no swirls induced...i made sure to use straight line wiping and buffing on the trunk so I would know if what i was doing induced any paint damage...

Some points to bring up is I probably should have mixed it 75% ONE to 25% BLITZ as I could tell the cleaning power was inhibited, at a 1:1 ratio it was like it had the cleaning power slightly more than a QD but less than a waterless wash solution.......i guess we`ll see with some more experimenting...

just thought I would share

ThEGuN1
06-15-2007, 02:35 PM
very cool are you sure that CG One is not stripping off your LSP>?

orngez
06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I have yet to see ONE affect my lsp...

mbkintner
06-15-2007, 09:41 PM
As I understand it, ONE leaves it`s own protective layer. If that`s true how would you know if it`s affecting your LSP or not?