PDA

View Full Version : Bug attraction...

SnakeByte
06-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with bugs being attracted to a car after it has been washed and sealed? For whatever reason, I`m always left with dead moths on my car the next morning after a wash. What` worse is that sometimes there is fog or mist at night that makes them land, stick, and then scoot around leaving behind little dust trails.

Is it the soap I`m using?

(Meguiars Gold-Class-Car-Wash-Shampoo-Conditioner)

The spray and clay?

(Mothers Claybar + Mothers showtime for lube)

or the sealants?

(Klasse all-in-one + high gloss)

Am I alone in this problem?!!?

dshreter
06-14-2007, 02:44 PM
You`re not alone. I think its a combination of how the products smell, and the water left behind because of washing. Bugs love water. Not sure if there`s any way to avoid it really....

bulgingtwine
06-14-2007, 03:13 PM
is your car still warm from the heat of the day or engine running? i think they get attracted to that if it is a cooler night. most likely it is the water as you mentioned before.

my problem is birds. i have a tree in front of my townhouse and that is where i park / do my detailing(i do have a car cover) no birds are around when i am cleaning, but as soon as i wipe up that last little bit of wax, and teh car looks beautiful, those littl @^#%^@ show right up and start sqwaking. funny how things work like that.

codiddy
06-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with bugs being attracted to a car after it has been washed and sealed? For whatever reason, I`m always left with dead moths on my car the next morning after a wash. What` worse is that sometimes there is fog or mist at night that makes them land, stick, and then scoot around leaving behind little dust trails.

Is it the soap I`m using?

(Meguiars Gold-Class-Car-Wash-Shampoo-Conditioner)

The spray and clay?

(Mothers Claybar + Mothers showtime for lube)

or the sealants?

(Klasse all-in-one + high gloss)

Am I alone in this problem?!!?

i use klasse and have the same problem with bugs loving to come land on my car as soon as i clean it. not sure if it`s the klasse, cause they do it whenever i wash it, even if i`m not re-applying the klasse. maybe it has something to do with what dshreter said