PDA

View Full Version : A few Zaino questions.

imported_SHICKS
06-14-2007, 09:14 AM
The first question is in regards to Clear Seal (ZCS). Is it just me or do others find that it does not give the same great shine, glow and appearance as Z2Pro? I am asking because I am debating if I should apply over my fresh layer of Z2Pro? I guess I am on the fence with this product. I cannot seem to get it to go on effortlessly, I usually always have to do a wipe down no matter how little product I use. Maybe storing the pad in a ziploc bag with product on it for resue later is not a good idea?

My next question is about ZAIO. How strong of a cleaner is it? Comparable to Klasse AIO? Will it easily strip multiple layers of sealant or do I have to work it pretty good or do a IPA wipedown first? I am having a hard time determining how well it cleans, it sure does look good after though.

I am preparing to do a 2006 Victory Red Corvette, that needs no paint correction, but has a healthy coat of RMG + Souveran.

my process will be

ONR

ZAIO

Z5(zfx)x2

Z2(zfx)x1

Z8

Z6 Wipedowns when needed

Skipping ZCS

My last question. This car is never driven, maybe <1000 miles per year, the rest of the time is in a heated garage under a cover. How long will Zaino last in this situation? I`d like to just get the point of Z6 and Z8 wipedowns and ONR when needed.

Thanks,

Steve

Macruz19
06-14-2007, 09:26 AM
You can`t expect results with Z-CS right away. It needs time to dry and cure... then the paint will glow and the finish will be slick. Z-CS reminds me the look of Z-2pro. I store my used Z-CS pad in a ziploc bag and I have no problems re-using it for the next time.

As for Z-AIO, it`s my first AIO product I`ve used, but from reading here, there`s been some memebers here that claim it can correct minor swirls. From my experience I used Z-AIO mostly by PC and it`s very easy to buff after application.

If your car is driven 1000 miles a year and kept maintained like a weekly wash, then it should last quite some time. It mainly depends on the weather conditions, and where it`s parked. From my experience Zaino last a long time :)

imported_SHICKS
06-14-2007, 05:13 PM
I have let the ZCS cure or dry, but it just does not seem as bright or reflective as z2pro.

You can`t expect results with Z-CS right away. It needs time to dry and cure... then the paint will glow and the finish will be slick. Z-CS reminds me the look of Z-2pro. I store my used Z-CS pad in a ziploc bag and I have no problems re-using it for the next time.

As for Z-AIO, it`s my first AIO product I`ve used, but from reading here, there`s been some memebers here that claim it can correct minor swirls. From my experience I used Z-AIO mostly by PC and it`s very easy to buff after application.

If your car is driven 1000 miles a year and kept maintained like a weekly wash, then it should last quite some time. It mainly depends on the weather conditions, and where it`s parked. From my experience Zaino last a long time :)

wannafbody
06-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Zaio has great cleaning ability and very light corrective ability. IMO CS adds a clear wetness. Use Z2pro first for maximum shine.

MBurnickas
06-14-2007, 08:41 PM
I have a vehicle that has just a Z7 wash and CS, I am pretty happy with it. I`m seeing how long the durabilty will last too, so far three weeks and the finish is very slick. I like the look of CS so much that I haven`t figured out if I`m going to order Z5pro or Z2pro again. We will see how the durabilty goes. I actually think it has a better glow than Z5Pro. Z5Pro might be a bit deeper, but CS has that glow that you catch off fenders that is usually only for nuba`s. I honestly think the advantage a good nuba has over any sealant goes away in like two days. Yeah, it still beads up but the glow goes fast. But hey it`s just an opinion.

imported_SHICKS
06-14-2007, 09:00 PM
I know the glow you are talking about. z5 does not have it, but z2 does, at least on my steel grey paint. I don`t think cs looks terrible, but just a bit sterlile compared to z2. I just dont want to mute the z2. I`ll experiment a bit.

Steve

I have a vehicle that has just a Z7 wash and CS, I am pretty happy with it. I`m seeing how long the durabilty will last too, so far three weeks and the finish is very slick. I like the look of CS so much that I haven`t figured out if I`m going to order Z5pro or Z2pro again. We will see how the durabilty goes. I actually think it has a better glow than Z5Pro. Z5Pro might be a bit deeper, but CS has that glow that you catch off fenders that is usually only for nuba`s. I honestly think the advantage a good nuba has over any sealant goes away in like two days. Yeah, it still beads up but the glow goes fast. But hey it`s just an opinion.

Scottwax
06-14-2007, 10:59 PM
I find that CS is very easy to use when applied via a foam hand pad and lightly worked into the paint to knock down any high spots. Should dry in well under a minute. Seems to lock in the look of whatever you have vs enhance it, so if you use CS, I`d also follow with Z8.

ZAIO seems to be a touch more aggressive than Klasse AIO or regular Werkstatt Prime, plus it has a more carnauba look so it ought to work very well on red.

NSXTASY
06-15-2007, 12:21 AM
It looks like most of your Q`s have been answered.

Personally, I use a new app. every time I use CS on paint, for wheels, I re-use the same one a few times.

If you were to do your plan outlined above, and added a coat of CS every 4 months, you`d definitely be covered for a bit. I guess it depends what happens to the car in those 1000 miles. FWIW, in my experiences Zaino lasts a long long long time on garaged vehicles that are only driven occasionally. With zaino I check for slickness, when it`s gone, it`s time.

imported_SHICKS
06-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks everyone.

imported_rydawg
06-15-2007, 08:45 AM
I have noticed when I shake the heck out of the bottle for atleast a couple of minutes straight I will get better results and the gloss will look wetter. I also use a premium MF applicator and seems to work excellent. I have also used the foam ones too with great results.

Shake the heck out of it and get those chemicals reacting with each other.

imported_SHICKS
06-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey Ryan-

Thanks for the tip. I just had to repolish my hood, I got blasted by bird bombs.

Steve

I have noticed when I shake the heck out of the bottle for atleast a couple of minutes straight I will get better results and the gloss will look wetter. I also use a premium MF applicator and seems to work excellent. I have also used the foam ones too with great results.

Shake the heck out of it and get those chemicals reacting with each other.

imported_FJF
06-15-2007, 10:43 AM
As the OP`s questions seemed to have been answered, I hope you guys don`t mind if I take advantage of the expertise in this thread.

I have some Z-2 Pro. Zaino says, "Z-AIO is mandatory for use with Z-2 PRO." Can I use Prime Strong or FK1 215 instead of Z-AIO? Too, can I layer Z-2 Pro over other sealants? TIA.

wannafbody
06-15-2007, 03:01 PM
If you use Prime you`ll need to use ZFX with Z2pro for optimal bonding.

imported_memnuts
06-15-2007, 03:15 PM
As the OP`s questions seemed to have been answered, I hope you guys don`t mind if I take advantage of the expertise in this thread.

I have some Z-2 Pro. Zaino says, "Z-AIO is mandatory for use with Z-2 PRO." Can I use Prime Strong or FK1 215 instead of Z-AIO? Too, can I layer Z-2 Pro over other sealants? TIA.

You can use Z2 over Prime Strong but you must mix the Z2PRO with ZFX or apply Z1 on top of the P. Strong. P. Strong has the same basic acrylic make-up as Klasse AIO. I have had no problem applying Z2/5 over KAIO if Z2/5 is used as mentioned above.

The foundation will not be as strong as a ZAIO base but it still should give you good durability

Can`t answer about FK1 215.

Imatk
06-15-2007, 03:21 PM
I have both Z-CS and Opti-Seal... I must say that I really can`t tell a noticable difference in either appearance or slickness with either product.

I did notice the paint to look a touch (and I mean a touch) more wet with the Opti-Seal but honestly I don`t use either now, except for maybe as a final coat on my rims to try and keep them protected longer.

I like the look fo the Z2pro and Z5pro topped with Z8 so much that I just don`t find the need to add the Z-CS.

But as everything it`s just my opinion.