PDA

View Full Version : Edge pad colors??

kleraudio
06-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Hey guys I just placed an order a few days ago for the Edge 2k system for my rotary.

I got them from Autogeek and I ordered a double sided blue pad and the orange/green combo pad.

How do these colors correspond to the traditional LC colors?

I imagine blue = LC white.

On Edge`s site they dont even show an orange pad.

So what do orange and green Edge correspond to in LC colors?

Thanks everyone in advance!

Jim

kleraudio
06-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Anyone??...

elitemobile
06-14-2007, 12:40 PM
orange is a "power" pad its the most aggressive

i would also say edge green is equal to LC white but the blue does a fine job as well

awahl63
06-14-2007, 12:42 PM
I thought Edge orange was closer to LC white

imported_paradigm
06-14-2007, 01:19 PM
from AG`s description (in order of strongest to lightest)...i have all except the red. yellow is the most aggressive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edge 2000 6 Inch Yellow Cutting DuraFoam Pad

This pad is aggressive, and will cut through deep surface marks and swirls. They work well on heavy oxidation and pitted finishes, and will remove wet sand scratches without causing burning. E-621Z

Edge 2000 6 Inch Green Medium Cut DuraFoam Pad

This pad is useful for light oxidation and moderate to severe swirls and imperfections. This pad will yield amazing results on older vehicles, and should be used on vehicles with moderate swirls and imperfections. Add a compound or pre-wax cleaner for a flawless finish on base coats. 50 pores per inch (ppi) E-622Z

Edge 2000 6 Inch Orange Light Cutting DuraFoam Pad

This pad is highly versatile, as it can be used on cars with light to moderate swirls and imperfections. We recommend you begin with this pad if you are unsure how deep swirls are, moving up to a Green Medium Cut Pad if necessary. Safe on clear coats. 60 pores per inch (ppi) E-5276Z

Edge 2000 6 Inch Blue Finishing DuraFoam Pad

This pad is great for everyday use. It will leave surface areas scratch-free and smooth while still removing light swirls and imperfections. Use with wax and polish to apply a fine gloss. Safe on clear coats. 70 pores per inch (ppi) E-623Z

Edge 2000 6 Inch White DuraFoam Pad

This ultra-smooth polishing pad contains 80 pores per inch, allowing for fine polishing which creates a bold, crystalline gloss Use this pad to apply waxes, polishes and sealants. Safe on clear coats. 80 pores per inch (ppi) E-624Z

Edge 2000 6 Inch Red LSP DuraFoam Pad

The red pad is softer than the white pad, which makes it perfect for new car finishes. Apply last step products, like waxes, sealants and glazes without fear of abrasion. The red pad also makes layering products easier. Apply multiple coats of your favorite wax or sealant with the red lsp foam pad, only from Autogeek. E-726605

CRXican
06-14-2007, 01:48 PM
I have to disagree with AG`s description. Never detemine a pads cutting ability by it`s color. Two main things determine a pads cutting ability.

1. PPI (pores per inch) Rating. The lower the PPI number the more cutting ability the pad has. Higher the PPI Number the less cutting ability it has.

2. Stiffness - The foams ability to resist compression under load. The more stiff or firm the foam is the more aggressive it will be. The more soft the foam is the less agressive it will be.

I personally own the Edge system and my opinion is this is the cutting ability from strongest to least aggressive.

1. Orange

2. Yellow

3. Green

4. Blue

5. White

6. Red

Honestly the green pad should be aggressive enough for most jobs. Occasionally you`ll have to break out the yellow pad. I own the orange pad and have never used it as I feel it`s way to aggressive.

kleraudio
06-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Lake country doesnt list the PPI of their foams on their website?? This is why I asked.

I felt the orange pad today after it came in the mail, it feels VERY similar to my LC orange pads. The blue pad is REALLY soft, Ithought it would be comparable to white on the LC side but its definitely softer.

I will be using it on the rotary so maybe the blue would work out fine for 106ff??

I will start with SIP on the blue pad and slowly work my way up I guess... I dont know...

Jim