PDA

View Full Version : Blue Coral - Product X

Pages : [1] 2

kapinnn
06-13-2007, 04:01 PM
I`ve been reading about product X for the past few days and was impressed with everyone`s opinion on it. It seems that people all over the world have used this to fill in scratches rather than fixing them with good results. I do get some requests for fillers and was looking into buying it.

The thing is that this is no where to be found. It looks like Eco Labs used to make it and now it`s under Shell Oil. The bluecoral.com website is not working for me and the little information I got is that they only sell to commercial accounts.

Is there a replacement for it? I saw a knockoff that says it works just like it on this website (Detail Direct (http://detaildirect.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=1&products_id=251&osCsid=b21c61c0f98affa9b0d9bff2de09180b)) Has anyone tried it?

I`ve also been hearing about the Four Star Sealant but i`d rather have a filler glaze so I can top with my choice of LSP.

Someone had a gallon for sale here but I guess it`s gone... Someone else also found a gallon on ebay going for $40 bucks or so...

Any help is appreciated!!!!

nonwelder
06-14-2007, 04:51 PM
There is a knockoff of the product x...it is in one of the posts. Wanna share a gallon?

kapinnn
06-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Funny, I am splitting that knock off with someone already. I managed to get some product X from a member here too. I`ll do some tests and post results!

93AccordLXwhite
06-14-2007, 06:41 PM
I contacted the Blue Collar website through email, and they told me that Product-X was discontinued:( Which knockoffs are you talking about?? I`ve been looking for this stuff for quite awhile.

nonwelder
06-14-2007, 09:39 PM
93accord...see the first post for a link. Wanna split some? I know you do! ;) PM me

Kapinnn...would you be willing to send me a sample? I would pay of course!

imported_never gone
06-14-2007, 11:20 PM
sounds kinda like this stuff?

Prima Hydro Erases Holograms!!! - ShowCarDetailing (http://www.showcardetailing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743)

kapinnn
06-15-2007, 12:35 AM
93accord...see the first post for a link. Wanna split some? I know you do! ;) PM me

Kapinnn...would you be willing to send me a sample? I would pay of course!

I`ll send you like 4 oz for free. I`m just testing it anyway. Just PM me in about 10 days because we haven`t even placed the order yet.

kapinnn
06-15-2007, 12:36 AM
sounds kinda like this stuff?

Prima Hydro Erases Holograms!!! - ShowCarDetailing (http://www.showcardetailing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743)

Very good point... I forgot about Hydro. There is a store that sells Prima here... I`ll see if I can go over there after work tomorrow and test it too...

kapinnn
06-15-2007, 12:44 AM
I contacted the Blue Collar website through email, and they told me that Product-X was discontinued:( Which knockoffs are you talking about?? I`ve been looking for this stuff for quite awhile.

That sounds kinda fishy... Maybe they just sell commercially now?

sneek
06-15-2007, 02:15 AM
thats because Blue Coral (owned by Quaker State)

93AccordLXwhite
06-15-2007, 04:58 AM
Me:

Hello, I found this email adress on the Blue Coral website, and hope that it`s the correct place to adress my question. I`ve been looking for a product made by Blue Coral called `Product-X` but have been unsucessful in my attempts to locate an online retailer. If you could point me in the correct direction or send me a link where I could order it directly I would be extremely pleased, and more than happy to then place an order. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a long relationship with your product line. After telling many friends about the experiences I have heard about, and results I have seen from `Product-X` I would be more than happy to share my results with them, hopefully starting them on the Blue Coral product line as well.

Thank you for listening and hopefully for your help!

Them(Blue Coral):

Joseph,

Thank you for contacting SOPUS Products. Unfortunately that item has been discontinued. We do apologize for

any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards,

Consumer Solutions

I guess they could be wrong about their own product, but it seems like they`d know best:nixweiss

OneQuickGT1-I`ll shoot you a pm this afternoon:)

Edit** I emailed them about a month ago on May 7, 2007

shadybreal
06-15-2007, 05:06 AM
I`ve got the real thing if anyone is interested.

kapinnn
06-15-2007, 07:37 AM
thats because Blue Coral (owned by Quaker State)

sneek, did you not finish your thoughts here?

Anyway, is Quaker State also part of Shell? Blue Coral seems to operate under SOPUS and that`s a Shell brand.

kapinnn
06-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Me:

Them(Blue Coral):

I guess they could be wrong about their own product, but it seems like they`d know best:nixweiss

OneQuickGT1-I`ll shoot you a pm this afternoon:)

Edit** I emailed them about a month ago on May 7, 2007

Hmmm, I looked through their website and their line looks so poor! I saw those Nascar car care products the other day and they are made by EcoLab. Product X was also made by Blue Coral under EcoLab. I guess I`ll shoot EcoLab an e-mail and ask if maybe another brand makes it.

AL-53
06-15-2007, 08:29 AM
there are two lines of Blue Coral...the commerical line for carwashes and the consumer line..I think ecolabs took over the commercial line and SOPUS took the consumer line....thats what was told to me when I went to a supply house to see if any X was there....they do not carry the blue Coral line but gave me info on it....worth a shot contacting ECOLABS ....they do show they cater to detailers and car washes

AL