PDA

View Full Version : Which pad to apply CG Wet Mirror & Jetseal

sinbad
06-13-2007, 03:29 PM
I just ordered Wet Mirror Finish and Jetseal from Paul at Chemical Guy`s (nice person and very helpful). There seems to be some debate here as whether Wet Mirror Finish is strictly a glaze and or has some sealant properties. According to Paul, it can be a LSP but he recommended to top with either M-Seal or JetSeal - I went with the latest JetSeal.

My question is now which PC pad to use apply for each product. I usually use the dark grey/black for sealants and white for glazes (CMA supplied - probably LC). Since neither product has cutting ability, does it even make a difference? I have a several white pads but Menzerna FMJ permanently stained one of black/grey. As a matter of fact, I couldn`t get FMJ off my pad last go around and I don`t want to use it for anything else. I think my FMJ may have gone bad - came out like a pink version of FPII. If white pads will work alright, then I don`t have to order grey pads right away.

imported_FMINUS
06-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Use gray for JS

ndtechie05
06-13-2007, 04:40 PM
My JS bottle says a black/grey finishing pad with PC speed no more then 4.5. You can also apply just be using a MF towel. You`ll get better results with the PC probably. I`m going to try it both ways this weekend.

-Brett

sinbad
06-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Which way worked better for you hand or PC? I used PC last weekend with speeds around 2.5-3. I don`t think it applied the way it is need to be. I will give it a go by hand using MF applicator. According to Paul/CG, it should be applied in same direction and not in circular motion or going over area.

AUdakota
06-26-2007, 02:29 PM
I use a white edge pad on about 4 to apply WMF

orngez
06-26-2007, 08:20 PM
i have the most success with the white edge pad to apply jetseal...loading the pad once did half of an avalanche..speed 4...same with wmf