PDA

View Full Version : first time PC user, assistance polish or glaze?

Bobbykart
06-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I thought I would start with scratch X, then either Megs 80, or P21s GEPC, finish with P21s carnauba wax, cant decide between polish or glaze, any input would be appreciated

Accumulator
06-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Bobbykart- One potential problem is that manufacturers use words like "polish" and "glaze" in different ways, even within their own product lines!

The #80, despite its name, is a mildly abrasive polish. IMO it`s a great product to use when getting acquainted with the PC. Work it until it starts to change from opaque green/brown to semi-translucent/clear and buff it off before it dries completely. It oughta leave things ready-to-wax.

bluemoon
06-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Bobbykart- One potential problem is that manufacturers use words like "polish" and "glaze" in different ways, even within their own product lines!

The #80, despite its name, is a mildly abrasive polish. IMO it`s a great product to use when getting acquainted with the PC. Work it until it starts to change from opaque green/brown to semi-translucent/clear and buff it off before it dries completely. It oughta leave things ready-to-wax.

I agree 100% :)

Bobbykart
06-13-2007, 10:17 PM
thank you accumulator and bluemoon, tomorrow after work I will fire up the PC!

Accumulator
06-14-2007, 11:18 AM
BobyKart- Let us know how things turn out, I bet it`ll go well.

One last bit of advice: work a small area, then a single panel, where you can clearly see what`s going on. Make sure everything`s turning out well before you do the whole vehicle, that way if you need to tweak your approach we can advise you and it won`t be a big deal. I always feel bad when somebody makes a little mistake (*NOT* that I think you will!) and posts back (too late) with a "I [messed] up my whole car" type of problem.