PDA

View Full Version : Got my JW products! Questions.....

imported_midwesterner
06-13-2007, 09:37 AM
A few weeks ago, I ordered some Prime Strong and AJ-T. I had read many good reviews so I bought them for myself.

I am pretty new to detailing. My idea of detailing was to throw as much NuFinish on a foam pad as possible and get a good coat on the car.

When I applied Prime on a foam pad, I used it sparingly. I probably used three to four drops on the pad for an entire panel. As I worked it in (by hand), I used a circular motion and it left a small coat which I buffed out after 30 minutes. Some areas, I did not even have to buff out since it almost disappeared after I worked it in. Does this sound quite normal from your experiences?

Buffing out prime was effortless (compared to NuFinish). I took a MF towel and any excess came right off! The car looked great!

As for the AJ-T, they really was easy to apply and I used three to four sprays per panel. Also very easy to use and apply.

After I finished applying the product my car felt silkly smooth and looked amazing! My only complaint is that when I finished, I used a plastic baggie I had lying around and felt the surface. There were some bumps which means I probably should have clayed the car before applying Prime/AJ-T:nervous:

Well I guess I will have to wash the car and clay it before repeating this process. I plan to do it in a few weeks, but will I be okay for the time being?

Sorry for the long post!

Setec Astronomy
06-13-2007, 10:05 AM
You will be more than fine until you get to the claying.

mongo
06-13-2007, 10:42 AM
You will be fine go ahead and apply another coat of AJT.

Wait three months then clay before fall then use Prime and AJT.

should be golden.

mongo

imported_midwesterner
06-13-2007, 10:46 AM
You will be fine go ahead and apply another coat of AJT.

Wait three months then clay before fall then use Prime and AJT.

should be golden.

mongo

Thanks, I agree AJ-T is fantastic. It really gives a nice pop.

Its amazing, I clayed my car in January and I figured I did not need to do it again till much later in the year....well I guess I will have my work cut out for me in the fall!

FYI for anyone leaning towards the JW products, I would strongly encourage them:clap:

mongo
06-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Yea that candied Acrylic look looks great particulary on certain colors.

mongo
06-13-2007, 12:11 PM
You will be more than fine until you get to the claying.

Any particular reason does the Werkstatt procucts mar when clayed.

If you use the Quick wash every two months you may not need to clay and use the Quick wash before applying another layer of AJ , AJT or Prime .

That way you might not need to clay again.

RTR mongo

Milestones
06-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Any particular reason does the Werkstatt procucts mar when clayed.

If you use the Quick wash every two months you may not need to clay and use the Quick wash before applying another layer of AJ , AJT or Prime .

That way you might not need to clay again.

RTR mongo

I`m not sure I understand this mongo.

How would using QW every two months and before AJ/AJT/Prime prevent the need to clay?

QW doesn`t remove embedded contaminants like clay does - it`s just a quick rinseless wash to use in between regular (rinse) washes.

I guess using QW every 2 days or so could prevent a buildup of embedded contaminants in the first place - but I`m not sure that`s what you meant.