PDA

View Full Version : duragloss 921 vs. Poorboy`s S&G?

felthove
06-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Anyone tried both and have a preference? I`ve been using the S&G and I really like the glossy look and feel it leaves. Plus, the price is pretty nice.

However, all the Duragloss products I`ve tried have been great and this QD is even cheaper than S&G by the gallon.

How does the look of the 921 compare w/ the S&G?

felthove
06-13-2007, 01:41 PM
bump...:bow

Brian_Brice
06-13-2007, 01:50 PM
it`s been a long time since i used 921, i know i didn`t like the smell, thats about all i can say about that.

Cooter
06-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I have both and I like both products. If I had to make a choice, I`d get the DG. Its a great QD.

felthove
06-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks Cooter!:up

Cooter
06-13-2007, 02:06 PM
I`ve got 6 bottles of the DG at home. There are so many good qd`s out there but DG is a great OTC qd.

bjackson8
06-13-2007, 03:23 PM
I have not used S&G, but do use 921. It is a very good product. Best OTC QD that I have ever used.

violentveedub
06-13-2007, 06:23 PM
I love 921, mix in a shot of AW and you cant beat it...

kleraudio
06-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Not another "product vs. product" thread....

To the O.P., you are going to get about mixed reviews from everyone. My only advice would be to try the one you feel you would like the best. If it works out for you then great, if not then give the other one a try. You will get a feel for what you like better only after trying each one.

The DG stuff is most likely local to you so you may want to give that a try first....

Jim

pootoo12000
06-14-2007, 01:45 PM
I have and use both, as well as several others, FK425 and Z/6/8. To me S&G is the best of all of them. While DG FC&S is a good cleaner, it is not particularly slick. If the feel of the paint is important to you, stick with S&G. Of all the QDs I`ve used, S&G has "body" or to put it another way, after you apply it, you can really tell its "there." Its slickness rivals FK425 and Z8, but it truly has a unique feel. Stick with what you know works.

felthove
06-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Not another "product vs. product" thread....

To the O.P., you are going to get about mixed reviews from everyone. My only advice would be to try the one you feel you would like the best. If it works out for you then great, if not then give the other one a try. You will get a feel for what you like better only after trying each one.

The DG stuff is most likely local to you so you may want to give that a try first....

Jim

I went to my local CarQuest yesterday to buy the DG 921 but no luck. They didn`t have it. I will need to find a better stocked store elsewhere.

Obviously my opinion matters the most but with so many products to chose from I figured I`d see if anyone saw any major differences between the two. Thanks to all.

mikelea4ever
06-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Just like what other people advised here, try it to see if you`ll like it. IMO, DG has great prices compare with other products.

Fallz
06-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Just tried some today for the 1st time , not bad at all , but for gloss / wet use the AW.

Jerry at DG told me most everyone is going to AW instead of using FC&S. I would have to 2nd that Idea.

So in my opinion

FC&S = S&W

AW = S&G ( but has mush more durability and wet look ) even though its not really a QD and more of an LSP/QD.

felthove
06-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Just tried some today for the 1st time , not bad at all , but for gloss / wet use the AW.

Jerry at DG told me most everyone is going to AW instead of using FC&S. I would have to 2nd that Idea.

So in my opinion

FC&S = S&W

AW = S&G ( but has mush more durability and wet look ) even though its not really a QD and more of an LSP/QD.

Are you saying that AW can be used for cleaning off dust and such?. Isn`t a mild cleaning ability what differentiates QDs from spray waxes/polymers?

For the price AW can be used just as liberally as a QD but I`m not sure it really does the job of a QD, does it?

From my experience w/ S&G and AW on my black car, I think the S&G is shinier and more glossy while the AW seems slightly "darker" and more carnuba-like (even though it`s not). I`ve also noticed that the AW seems to attract dust less than S&G, but I`ve never done a side-by-side.