PDA

View Full Version : CG`s Wet Mirror vs. EZ Creme Glaze?

Pages : [1] 2

frostydog
06-13-2007, 08:24 AM
I need a little help here guys.

I`ve read all the posts I can find on these two glazes and to a degree this question has been asked before. But I haven`t found a definitive or even subjective answer.

Now that these products have had a little more time on the market, I`m hoping a few of you guys can chime in with you thoughts/impressions.

Specifically here`s what I`d be looking for:

1. Cleaning? From what I`ve read initially, both have very light cleaning abilities.

2. Where in the process step does each benefit most? ie...right after polishing, like an AIO. Or as the LSP. Or just prior to the LSP. etc...

3. Compatibility/look with Sealants and Carnaubas? ie...Are both able to have sealants applied over them? Does one have a better look than the other with Sealants or Carnauba toppers??

4. Overall look?? Is one "wetter" while the other is more of a shine enhancer. Does one fill/hide better than the other?

Thanks all...anything you can offer would be much appreciated.

ThEGuN1
06-14-2007, 12:43 AM
I would like to know too!

dogma
06-14-2007, 02:00 AM
I have both. Both are excellent. I have been using WMF as a LSP after using ONE then followed by their Synthentic QD. This combo has great gloss , slickness and leaves the paint very wet looking. I think WMF may have a little filling abilities and if it cleans it very slight at best. I have not fully tested the durability ( don`t expect Zaino durability though.

WMF is one of the best gloss enhancing products I have ever tried. It`s kind of a beefed up glaze with some protection and can definately be used as a LSP. I tried topping it with 50/50 , petes 53 Jet seal ,Z5 pro and CS. All worked and all looked excellent. But I still liked the way it looked by itself.

EZ C glaze is an outstanding glaze and has more filling abillities and cleaning properties.

It also has a glossy wet look ,but IMO WFM has better final looks. I have not tried it as a LSP. I actually topped it with WMF. I can see why people love EZ Cglaze though.

Thomas Dekany
06-14-2007, 07:12 AM
I have both. Both are excellent. I have been using WMF as a LSP after using ONE then followed by their Synthentic QD. This combo has great gloss , slickness and leaves the paint very wet looking. I think WMF may have a little filling abilities and if it cleans it very slight at best. I have not fully tested the durability ( don`t expect Zaino durability though.

WMF is one of the best gloss enhancing products I have ever tried. It`s kind of a beefed up glaze with some protection and can definately be used as a LSP. I tried topping it with 50/50 , petes 53 Jet seal ,Z5 pro and CS. All worked and all looked excellent. But I still liked the way it looked by itself.

EZ C glaze is an outstanding glaze and has more filling abillities and cleaning properties.

It also has a glossy wet look ,but IMO WFM has better final looks. I have not tried it as a LSP. I actually topped it with WMF. I can see why people love EZ Cglaze though.

I have never seen ez creme fill anything for me.

orngez
06-14-2007, 07:39 AM
ez creme has no filling abilities....it is merely a paint glossing agent like wmf....they both do the same thing...wet and gloss the paint...the difference is WMF is a stand alone product..doesnt need a topper....both look amazing...

kapinnn
06-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Talked to Paul at CG and he said WMF gives protection and it`s more like a LSP. The EG Creme is more of the glaze we are all used to. I got both but haven`t used them yet. Will give my feedback after this weekend.

Crusader101
06-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Would a good carnauba topper be compatible with the EZ Glaze?

orngez
06-14-2007, 10:23 AM

yes...in fact ez creme offers little to no protection abilities..you will have no compatibility issues...

Wetwerks
06-14-2007, 10:36 AM

Yes. We usually top EZ with 50/50 or XXX, both carnauba`s are CG products also.

Walter

kleraudio
06-14-2007, 11:08 AM
yea baby, cant wait to try the EZ creme glaze topped with XXX hardcore on my truck later this week.

to the OP, I`m glad you got your questions answered by Paul, I figured he would be the best source of information.

Jim

frostydog
06-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks very much guys.

kapinnn...a follow up after this weekend would be great!

I got kinda impatient on waiting for responses earlier, so I decide to give CG`s a ring myself.

He seemed to confirm what has been posted thus far.

When I asked which had better filling abilities he answered...Wet Mirror.

kapinnn
06-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Sorry for the delay... It`s a bit cloudy here so I don`t know if I can finish this today. I have a half polished black C-series in my garage. I`m gonna finish cutting with UCCL and yellow wool, then go to SIP, and 106FF. I`ll finish it with JUST WMF and see what it looks like. I should post the pics tonight or tomorrow provided the weather helped me...

Wetwerks
06-22-2007, 03:35 PM
Kapinnn: you going to finsh down with wool or foam? Looking forward to the finished product.

Walter

kapinnn
06-22-2007, 04:06 PM
I was gonna finish by black LC pad or White edge on a PC. I`m thinking about using the EZ Creme Glaze on half of the trunk and the other half with WMF. I`m doing just WMF on the rest of the car. It`s black 2004 C-class that has never been detailed, waxes, polished, or anything... sad thing to see.

Any suggestions while at it? The clouds are gone and the sun is out. I should be able to get some decent pictures

Wetwerks
06-22-2007, 04:33 PM
I`d agree on the black or white pad to finish. Paul said that the WMF would be more "clear and reflective" than the EZ....so I don`t know if I would split the trunk. I guess you could, and if there is a difference take a few pics and redo that side with the WMF. I know what you mean about black Benz`s. I don`t understand how you pay that much for a vehicle and then just let the finish go. :confused:

Walter