PDA

View Full Version : window etching, HELP!!!!

nissan_geek
06-12-2007, 09:09 PM
i recently used a product on my car which left me with really bad etching as well as streaks on all windows. tried cleaning windows with distilled white vinegar and with mr. cleans eraser, but no luck, streaks and etchings still remain. currently looking for someone who polishes windows in the so cal area, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks once again guys

TrueDetailer
06-12-2007, 09:11 PM
You could try polishing them out like you would on paint. It might help. If not you could acid wash them.

a.k.a. Patrick
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM
The acid wash was what got him in trouble n the first place, and traditional polishing didnt do anything. NG really needs some professional glass polishing products.....(I have seen it)

Brian_Brice
06-12-2007, 10:13 PM
glass is tricky stuff dudes, sometimes water spots and etching come right off via pc and a polish or compound, other times i cant burn the stuff off with a wool pad. is diamondite a product you have had success with in extreme cases patrick?

never used the stuff myself.

imported_Jeremiah
06-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Just something to think about... Many insurance policies have glass coverage "built in". They will not only cover glass breakage, but also anything that may be seen as a potential hazard or distraction. If it impairing your ability to see or causing bad glaring you may want to get in touch with your insurance carrier. Many people fear their insurance, and feel that claims will always lead to raised rates... Not always true, I`m able to make a claim or 2 every year or 2 (door dings, scrapes, glass, ect...) with no ill affect on my rates.

Diesel1
06-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Diamondite kinda stinks in my opinion. Didn`t really work for me and it made a mess. I recently tried GLASS Science Scrub (Name might be slightly off) and it worked very well. If you need more power, go to eastwood.com and get the powder glass polishing kit that attaches to a drill.

mikelea4ever
06-13-2007, 05:22 PM
i recently used a product on my car which left me with really bad etching as well as streaks on all windows. tried cleaning windows with distilled white vinegar and with mr. cleans eraser, but no luck, streaks and etchings still remain. currently looking for someone who polishes windows in the so cal area, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks once again guys

Have you tried any of glass polish?

nissan_geek
06-13-2007, 11:01 PM
havent tried any glass polish

pogo123
06-14-2007, 05:20 AM

I don`t have any suggestions on how to repair it, but I was wondering what product you were using that caused the problem in the first place, so it doesn`t happen to other people.:eek:

nissan_geek
06-16-2007, 10:58 PM
the product i used was in a non-labeled spray bottle, dont know what it is. sorry

a.k.a. Patrick
06-17-2007, 01:33 AM
I havent tried the Diamondite, but the glass polishing kits usable with the hi-speed drill and water was what i was thinking of myself.......