PDA

View Full Version : Holy Griot`s, Batman!

Pages : [1] 2

imported_bigfoot
06-12-2007, 08:47 PM
:LOLOL I know is kinda stupid for a title, but have you seen the latest Griot`s catalog? I just got mines today, and have to admit, I liked it! In the cover, with Richard and his dad, is no other than Batman himself, Adam West with the Batmobile! I was amazed to read as well that Adam lived 3 houses down from Richard and he woke up every morning by the roar of Adam`s Ferrari.

Very interesting, at least for me:bigups

itb76
06-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I was amazed to read as well that Adam lived 3 houses down from Richard and he woke up every morning by the roar of Adam`s Ferrari.

What a way to start the day!

Crusader101
06-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I just received my copy today as well...to see the Caped Crusader himself wielding a Griot`s buffer on the hood of the batmobile made my day. :heelclick The original Batman series was my favorite television program back in the `60s. I may actually frame the cover and hang it in my office.

the other pc
06-13-2007, 12:12 AM
If you haven`t gone to the website and read the rest of the story, go do it!

The rest of Richard`s tale of him, his dad and Adam West gets even better.

PC.

imported_paradigm
06-13-2007, 05:43 AM
Family Guy has ruined it for me...i always think of scenes from FG when i hear Adam West`s name. :)

Crusader101
06-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Never heard of Family Guy... but Adam West and the batmobile belong together like peanut butter and jelly.:bigups

BobD
06-13-2007, 09:02 AM
I wonder if George Barris used Griot`s?

Accumulator
06-13-2007, 11:27 AM
the Other PC- Thanks for mentioning that, I woulda missed it otherwise.

Somewhat related: in this new catalog (they`re finally sending them to me again after I got on their [stuff]-list over the big return) I don`t see the small, electric 3" RO polisher. I see the pneumatic one but I don`t want that...

mikelea4ever
06-13-2007, 11:40 AM
which site do you go to check these thing out?

Flish
06-13-2007, 11:48 AM
the Other PC- Thanks for mentioning that, I woulda missed it otherwise.

Somewhat related: in this new catalog (they`re finally sending them to me again after I got on their [stuff]-list over the big return) I don`t see the small, electric 3" RO polisher. I see the pneumatic one but I don`t want that...

They pulled it because of quality problems. If they get the problems resolved then it`ll get put back up.

BigAl3
06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
just got mine the other day too :) . they have alot of nice items, but just seem to pricey for the most part...

Mobilejay
06-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Never heard of Family Guy...

:eek: ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!:eek: Its only the greatest cartoon ever, and I love the simpsons. Yes back in the day batman rocked. but now there is something completly different called Family Guy and it is hilarious.

qballjr13
06-13-2007, 12:16 PM
I wonder if George Barris used Griot`s?

I had the GREAT pleasure of meeting Mr. Barris at a car show a couple years ago and the Batmobile was there. There is no way anyone used anything Groits on that car. It looks like it was washed using sandpaper, the paint was horrible! Because of meeting George I got to sit in the Batmobile and I have no idea how a tall guy like Adam West jumped into that car the way he did. It was amzing to meet such a legend in the custom car building world and to sit in a legendary car such as the Batmobile.

Accumulator
06-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Flish- OK, thanks for the info. I see they`ve brought back the low-profile floorjack (mine was one of the troublesome previous generation ones) too.

BobD
06-13-2007, 12:50 PM
I had the GREAT pleasure of meeting Mr. Barris at a car show a couple years ago and the Batmobile was there. There is no way anyone used anything Groits on that car. It looks like it was washed using sandpaper, the paint was horrible! Because of meeting George I got to sit in the Batmobile and I have no idea how a tall guy like Adam West jumped into that car the way he did. It was amzing to meet such a legend in the custom car building world and to sit in a legendary car such as the Batmobile.

Yeah, a few of his cars always pop up in Detroit at various shows. One is even at the Henry Ford Museum. They need to be detailed for sure. LOL