PDA

View Full Version : A Few Newbie ?s

timn99
06-12-2007, 11:38 AM
1. Are Zaino and Klasse both sealants, and which has the easier and less time-consuming process? Any recommendations? Any other choices in the "sealants" class?

2. My car is new and I will probably do the clay process as recommended. Does Advance Auto sell the Clay Magic?

3. My paint is an Ivory Pearl (metallic), what is recommended for this color? Wax or sealant?

tod071
06-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Klasse and Zaino are both liquid polymer sealants. I haven`t used Klasse, so I can`t comment on which is better. But I can say that paint prep is the key before using any sealant.

Sealants are usually used for durability and a carnauba wax added for looks (depth gloss clarity). Because white is usually hard to enhance its gloss and depth, you can probably get by with just a sealant. CG has just come out with some new products, Wolfgang DGPS is my personal choice, and there are alot of other choices out there as well.

tom p.
06-12-2007, 12:44 PM
3. My paint is an Ivory Pearl (metallic), what is recommended for this color? Wax or sealant?

This is a function of how often you are willing to wax or seal you car. What are your expectations?

The Klasse "system" contains only 2 pcs. The Zaino "system" contains many options. I`d do some serious reading prior to making any sort of $$$ commitment as both are fine products.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

timn99
06-12-2007, 01:04 PM
I believe that based on my exterior color, and inability to wax every month timewise, that the sealant is probably my best route. I`ve read that waxes also tend to mute the metallic flakes.

For Klasse system, is AIO only needed, or the SG required also? Or is it better to go with P21S on top of the AIO?

I know its a subjective matter, but what about Four Star UPP and Acrylic Jett? I`ve heard good stuff about it, and it`s been highly recommended for white metallic exteriors. I`ve heard of Klasse more often but not these other two brands. Any comparison?

bjackson8
06-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I believe that based on my exterior color, and inability to wax every month timewise, that the sealant is probably my best route. I`ve read that waxes also tend to mute the metallic flakes.

For Klasse system, is AIO only needed, or the SG required also? Or is it better to go with P21S on top of the AIO?

I know its a subjective matter, but what about Four Star UPP and Acrylic Jett? I`ve heard good stuff about it, and it`s been highly recommended for white metallic exteriors. I`ve heard of Klasse more often but not these other two brands. Any comparison?

For the Klasse system, the All-in-one is a paint cleaner, base step. It provides the optimal base for the SG to bond. AIO will provide a little protection on its own, but not very much.

There are many sealants other than Zaino and Klasse.

Duragloss 105 - Is available OTC and will probably rank with Z and SG in durability. (The longest lasting product I`ve ever used)

Collinite 476S and 845 - Technically considered "waxes", these products are very durable, easy to use and cheap.

Poorboys EX-P - Not quite in the same class as Zaino and Klasse in the durablity department, but still a very good sealant. Great looks, very easy to use.

Which ever product you choose, you will more than likely get at least 3 months durability.

mikelea4ever
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM

If you`re more into protection and not too much on looks (deep/wet looks) I would definitely choose a sealant over a wax. IMO, sealant looks great in lighter colors like yours. I have a Desert Sand colored SUV and use the Klasse twins eversince. It gives a very good result. It actually gives a shinier look in my car, which I really wanted, plus it protects the paint longer. IMO, I would recommend to use both since they are really made for each other. Im not saying that other products won`t work and won`t give a good result on top of AIO but I think using them together will give you better result. But of course you can try other products on top of AIO but when you do these you will need to start over again.