PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Products, How to use ?

Ilaron
06-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Hie,

This morning, I received Optimum Products to try and test for my french detailing forum.

I have now :

Optimum Protectant Plus, Optimum Car Wax, Optimum Poli-Seal (AIO), Optimum Polish, Optimum Hyper Compound, Optimum No Rinse And Shine, Optimum Car Wash et Optimum Tire Shine and Opti-Seal...

I would like to know how to use all the products ? (I don`t have a PC so everything by hand)

I thank to apply like => Car Wash, Optimum Polish, Optimum Poli-Seal, Optimum Car Wax, Optimum Opti-Seal...

But what the difference between the wax and the Opti-Seal ?

Thank you for all your help,

Ilaron

BobD
06-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Best bet....follow the manufacturers direction.

stiffdogg06
06-12-2007, 10:47 AM
All I got to say is good luck.

I heard Opt. polishes have quite a long work time...:scared:

You should really go to eBay and buy a new 7336/7424 for dirt cheap.

imported_memnuts
06-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Your best bet is here Optimum Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board) (http://www.optimumforums.org/) to get the info you need.

imported_TheFiveO
06-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Your best bet is here to get the info you need.

Optimum Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board) (http://www.optimumforums.org/)

I agree with blkz28conv, for all your questions, go to that forum

Habs
06-23-2018, 07:53 PM
Yup if your going to use optimum products go to there forum you can ask any question great at product onr is there best product a million uses

grungy
06-24-2018, 12:08 PM
If you like to listen to podcasts, this is the OPTIMUM: Optimum Synergy Podcast (http://optimumsynergypodcast.libsyn.com/)

Setec Astronomy
06-24-2018, 05:08 PM
Somehow I think the OP probably has had his questions answered already, seeing as how he started this thread in 2007.

Lonnie
06-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Setec: ONLY you catch that this thread was started in 2007. Are the OPT Hyper compound and polish THAT old already???

I will say I bought some Optimum Carpet and Fabric Cleaner/Protectant and had a chance to use it on some VERY dirty and neglected carpet floor mats and they came out pretty clean for doing them by hand scrubbing and wiping them with a microfiber towel as the "extractor".

I also bought and used their Opti-Bond Tire Gel after looking for suggestions from fellow Autopians for a tire protectant that has a matte finish. This one fits the bill very well and it will last through at least two washings before needing re-application. I just like the look of a clean, natural rubber tire so I re-apply it after two washings. I use OPT Power-Clean to pre-clean the tires, as it does remove a lot of the browning and "other" tire protectant gunk that builds up on neglected or "improperly detailed" tires ( I hate/dislike/cannot stand extremely shiny/slimy tires).

Setec Astronomy
06-25-2018, 12:01 PM
Setec: ONLY you catch that this thread was started in 2007. Are the OPT Hyper compound and polish THAT old already???

I will say I bought some Optimum Carpet and Fabric Cleaner/Protectant and had a chance to use it on some VERY dirty and neglected carpet floor mats and they came out pretty clean for doing them by hand scrubbing and wiping them with a microfiber towel as the "extractor".

I also bought and used their Opti-Bond Tire Gel after looking for suggestions from fellow Autopians for a tire protectant that has a matte finish. This one fits the bill very well and it will last through at least two washings before needing re-application. I just like the look of a clean, natural rubber tire so I re-apply it after two washings. I use OPT Power-Clean to pre-clean the tires, as it does remove a lot of the browning and "other" tire protectant gunk that builds up on neglected or "improperly detailed" tires ( I hate/dislike/cannot stand extremely shiny/slimy tires).

Well, they`ve been through a few iterations on the polish and compound, when it first came out it was a very solventy product, I think mostly intended for rotary.

That carpet cleaner works surprisingly well using the rub it in by hand, towel it off method--I used it that way around the dead-pedal on one of my cars where that was the only way to do the thin carpet-on-a-corner.

I also dislike slimy dressings and the coolest thing about Opti-Bond is even when you get it on your hands it doesn`t feel greasy. Unfortunately I still have so many products from my flavor-of-the-month days I don`t get to use the OPT stuff that much.

JustJesus
06-25-2018, 01:08 PM
I also dislike slimy dressings and the coolest thing about Opti-Bond is even when you get it on your hands it doesn`t feel greasy. Unfortunately I still have so many products from my flavor-of-the-month days I don`t get to use the OPT stuff that much.

HA! Yeah, flavor of the month.

I used Opti-Bond once or twice. I liked how it looked, felt, etc, but didn`t like its durability (IME).