PDA

View Full Version : Yellow CCS Smart Pad misprint?

Vintage
06-12-2007, 07:25 AM
I just received my order from Autogeek. The Optimum kit had a Lake Country CCS Yellow Foam Cutting Pad. The package it comes in says: "This yellow pad is designed for applying sealants and glazes. The soft absorbant foam wil not scratch clear coated or single stage paint finishes. Use this pad for final buffing and product removal."

Am I missing something here? Isn`t the yellow pad for polishing and scratch removal? Blue or gray pads for final buffing?

Setec Astronomy
06-12-2007, 08:20 AM
This is the description of the yellow pad from the AG site: Yellow Cutting Foams 6.5"- Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should only be used on oxidized and older finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange or white pad and a fine polish to refine the paint until it is smooth.

I dunno, I think they owe you some free pads for the confusion and stress ;)

Vintage
06-12-2007, 11:22 AM
This is the description of the yellow pad from the AG site: Yellow Cutting Foams 6.5"- Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should only be used on oxidized and older finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange or white pad and a fine polish to refine the paint until it is smooth.

I dunno, I think they owe you some free pads for the confusion and stress ;)

I just spoke with a tech at AG. He pulled one off the shelf, read the packaging, and then confirmed my dilemma. I was correct and packaging was wrong due to a misprint. They will escalate this issue to Lake Country so that there’s no more confusion for customers. Also, he thanked me for reporting this and said to ask for his extension next time I order so that he can give me some free stuff for reporting this very important discrepancy.

I didn’t call them just to complain and get free stuff. I just don’t want a noob using a Yellow Cutting Pad to finish before LSP and screwing things up.

Thanks for the suggestion Setec! :hifive:

AndySRT
06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
yup i had the same problem with the yellow pads i just recently purchaced. i posted up over on the AG forums about it.

kleraudio
06-13-2007, 06:50 PM
that would be kinda funny to apply Liquid Souveran or something with a yellow pad. Ok not funny if it were *your* car at least.

Jim

Vintage
06-18-2007, 10:05 AM
that would be kinda funny to apply Liquid Souveran or something with a yellow pad. Ok not funny if it were *your* car at least.

Jim

Exactly!:grinno: