PDA

View Full Version : Saddle soap?

MattB
06-11-2007, 05:09 PM
The owners` manual for my 2001 Infiniti I30 recommends using saddle soap to maintain the leather seats. Is this a good idea and if so would it be any better than the 3M Leather Cleaner/Condition I`m using now?

the other pc
06-11-2007, 05:35 PM
They probably say that because it’s a generic term for a commonly available product. That way they don’t need to bee too specific, lean toward any one manufacturer or tell the average consumer to shop somewhere they never go (like car parts stores).

Leather care products from any reputable manufacturer will work fine.

PC.

06E90
06-11-2007, 05:48 PM
I recently used Kiwi Saddle Soap to clean my driver`s seat and it worked really well. Better than Zymol and Lexol I used before. I read some threads and some links that say it is bad for leather but I really doubt that modern saddle soap will harm car leather. I followed with DG leather conditioner and the results were great.

pb_foots
06-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I`ve been using saddle soap on my dress shoes for decades with no adverse effects. I can`t imagine the leather on your seats is as delicate as a pair of Ferragamo loafers, and the shoes look great. The saddle soap is supposed to restore oils and such, but I use it mainly for cleaning.

I don`t think it`s going to replace a good dressing, but for cleaning you can`t get much better and the price is right!