PDA

View Full Version : Soft Water

Mobilejay
06-11-2007, 02:47 PM
I know there are companys out there that have water filtration/soft water systems for your home. Are there any for mobile detailers? I know I could use the same set up but it could get VERY costly. I can`t think of any companys of the top of my head but there are some that last 100 gallons and then you have to replace the filters for $120 or something. Well I use 100 gallons almost everyday. I need something that can soften my water without making me broke. I don`t think there is a solution for this but just thought I would ask.

codiddy
06-11-2007, 03:03 PM
just buy like 5 or 6 of the cheap softening cartridges and find a place to buy the recharge stuff in bulk cheaply. use them each day, soak em each night.

Mobilejay
06-11-2007, 03:24 PM
What type of cartridges are you talking about? I haven`t seen any that you can recharge. I found a company (crspotless) and you have to buy replacement cartridges.

MagicCity33
06-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Check out this company they took care of me Online Water Filtration Products Catalog of Pure Water Products, LLC (http://www.pwgazette.com)

The carttridge that codiddy is talking about is a resin based cartridge. Your choice of cartridges will be based on the minerals in the water. I have a double inline filter with on sediment cartridge and one resin catridge. The sediment is for capturing sand, rust, gravel, etc. the resin cartitridge is for capturing the minerals.

I think allot of people are purchasing the filter system at autogeek.net too.

But again give those guys a call they are based in Texas I believe.

Mobilejay
06-11-2007, 03:46 PM
I`ll probably give them a call later in the week. Thanks for the help guys.

brwill2005
06-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I use a Spot Free inline softener. Every 1000 gallons you simply have to run salt water through it for 15 minutes or so to recharge. I usually just test the water once every other week. It if is not soft, I just re-charge.

Mobilejay
06-11-2007, 04:58 PM
thats not that bad. I think I could use something like that. Does it leaves water spots on the cars? Its sooooo freakin hot here in houston that if I dont use ONR I have to wash panel by panel. I would like to wash the entire vehicle at once with the customers that I dont use ONR with.

brwill2005
06-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Just as long as you monitor the water hardness and recharge as necessary it rinses with almost no spots. Usually the exception is windows and glass. The other advantage is you can mix up your chemicals using the soft water and it makes them work better.

InfamousDX
06-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Check out this company they took care of me Online Water Filtration Products Catalog of Pure Water Products, LLC (http://www.pwgazette.com)

The carttridge that codiddy is talking about is a resin based cartridge. Your choice of cartridges will be based on the minerals in the water. I have a double inline filter with on sediment cartridge and one resin catridge. The sediment is for capturing sand, rust, gravel, etc. the resin cartitridge is for capturing the minerals.

I think allot of people are purchasing the filter system at autogeek.net too.

But again give those guys a call they are based in Texas I believe.

I have that setup from that site... but only single filter with the resin cartridge. Then I went to home depot to buy some type of salt (I read it on here) so I can recharge them accordingly. I got like a whole bag of the stuff for less than $10.

mikelea4ever
06-13-2007, 05:26 PM
you can check your local lowes store. im sure they do have a water softerner