PDA

View Full Version : need help!!!!

mikelea4ever
06-11-2007, 11:54 AM
What do you guys/gals use to prevent an existing cut in your leather seat for getting longer? I have an approx. 5cm cut in my leather seat and worried that it will get big if not treated. Any suggestions to prevent a bigger problem? Thanks!

Kriminal
06-11-2007, 12:51 PM
What do you guys/gals use to prevent an existing cut in your leather seat for getting longer? I have an approx. 5cm cut in my leather seat and worried that it will get big if not treated. Any suggestions to prevent a bigger problem? Thanks!

Are you going to get it treated eventually ? I presume it`s on the driver`s seat ?

If it`s not in too obvious an area (to the eye), I would consider having a go at stitching it for the time being (in a same colour cotton). At least it`ll keep it together and should prevent it from spraying outwards which will in turn lengthen the cut.

mikelea4ever
06-11-2007, 01:03 PM
^^^No, its not in the driver seat. Its in my mid second row seat. IMO, not sure if stitching is really needed because it is really small. Can a filler actually solve the problem?

Kriminal
06-11-2007, 01:16 PM
^^^No, its not in the driver seat. Its in my mid second row seat. IMO, not sure if stitching is really needed because it is really small. Can a filler actually solve the problem?

Well in that case, forget the stitching - it was just a temporary measure if it was on the driver`s seat (or any other seat being used often for that matter).

You can actually buy leather glue, which would be worth considering as they don`t look all that expensive. You have to be careful that the glue you are using won`t discolor your seats, so make sure you buy the right one.

mikelea4ever
06-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Leather glue makes more sense to me. I`ll check my dealer if they have one on stock then. For an OTC glue, which product do you recommend? Is there a specific glue for a specific leather seat color or are they all the same? Let me know if there`s a certain product you do recommend. Again, thank you for your help.

Kriminal
06-12-2007, 06:58 AM
Leather glue makes more sense to me. I`ll check my dealer if they have one on stock then. For an OTC glue, which product do you recommend? Is there a specific glue for a specific leather seat color or are they all the same? Let me know if there`s a certain product you do recommend. Again, thank you for your help.

Sorry bud, I`m not sure what glues you guys will have over there.

I just done a google last night on "leather glue" and it came up with a load of suppliers names over here.

They look real cheap though - only about a few British pounds for a tube / spray. Definitely worth having a go though in my opinion.

I`d presume that it might be worth ringing the suppliers before ordering just to make sure about the color defect, but I`m pretty sure if it`s a leather glue, it`s gonna be for all colors.

mikelea4ever
06-13-2007, 05:41 PM
thank you kriminal. just a thought, r u a filipino?

Kriminal
06-14-2007, 06:57 AM
thank you kriminal. just a thought, r u a filipino?

LOL.....nah, I`m a Brit :grinno:

Where did that thought come from ?

mikelea4ever
06-14-2007, 10:42 AM
ooppsss.. sorry. your screen name is a common word in our country which means "murderer". :)