PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Change Paint Color?

htodd
06-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Ok, I`m sure this sounds a bit crazy... is it possible to change the shade of my paint? :o

I have a 2006 Milano Red Acura TSX with some moderate swirls on the hood.

I used Menzerna IP on an orange LC pad with a PC set on 3.5

I removed with 50/50 ISA and microfiber.

I then finished with Menzerna FPII, two coats Z5, one coat Z2.

The hood looks spectacular; no swirls, no haze, no problems... except that compared to the bumper and both fenders, the hood appears to be a lighter shade of red. It looks like more of an orange-red than the deep red of the other paintwork.

When I first started with the IP, I noticed my pad was beginning to become pink-tinted and started to panic; but I recall that the Acura`s paint was a tri-layer with a tinted clear and assumed this was normal.

So, have I done damage? :nervous:

imported_themightytimmah
06-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Doubtful - I polished half of a gold Avalon today (don`t ask) and the sections I had polished appeared quite a bit lighter than the unpolished sections - I chalk it up to removal of contaminants/grime (think about how white cars turn gray) and the clear turns "clearer" for lack of a word, allowing the basecoat/middlecoat to show a truer color.

htodd
06-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Timmah, thanks for the response.

It`s good to know I didn`t damage anything... now I just need to find time to do the rest of the car. :)

kleraudio
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Yea doesnt sound like damage here either. If it were damage, trust me it wouldnt be a nice orange/red color like you have. Glad it looks good!

Now go do the rest!

Jim

imported_artikxscout
06-11-2007, 04:28 PM
I did a Acura TL the other day from silver and it received a pink hue afterwards. I think it`s just the flakes.