PDA

View Full Version : Whose Ball??

norahcrv
05-28-2005, 11:55 AM
With AutoGeek having a sale this weekend, I`m sorely tempted to purchase a "polishing ball" for future wheel cleaning / polishing / sealing. But I can`t decide between the Mothers or the Flitz, since they carry both, so I`d appreciate any opinions / advice on the differences / benefits of each. Any other uses to justify the purchase?

Thanks,

Norah

weekender
05-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Go with the Mothers, they have a special on the Mother`s Power Tool and polish.

jpzapata
06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
I have used both not much of a diference. But they are still too expensive.

Anthony A
06-06-2005, 02:04 PM
The Flitz Ball is made of a felt like material and will probably hold up better. From what I understand the Mothers Ball is only to be used with a cordless drill because it can`t handle the regular drill.

MattZ28
06-06-2005, 04:44 PM
The Flitz ball leaves more marring behind than the Mothers Powerball. The Powerball provided excellent results with Mothers PowerMetal Polish on my Weld aluminum wheels.

norahcrv
12-12-2005, 12:31 PM
:bump :bump

With AutoGeek having another sale & more freebie offers to tempt us this week :yay, I`m asking again - any more thoughts, ideas or preferences (between Mothers PowerBall & the Flitz Ball), please?? :confused: At this point, I only plan to use it on the inside of the wheels in the spring, if that would make any difference in your recommendations. :ermm:

:bump :bump

PS - No, it is not an option for me to buy both & try them! I`m already breaking my plan not to buy anymore things before Christmas - thanks AG!! :flowers:

joe.p
12-12-2005, 02:31 PM
i know of someone who used the powerball on his motorcycle who was not happy/perfectionist i might add after polishing by hand, The results were 100x better, so for what you would like to use it for i say go ahead. i did read on DC that mother`s was coming out with a smaller version.

wytstang
12-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Nora-Advance Auto parts sells the power ball for 19.99 compared to geeks sale price...

mgm2003
12-12-2005, 08:32 PM
The flitz ball is very durable and easy to work with. The Mothers ball doesn`t look as well constructed. I took a pretty close look at both. I`ve had excellent results with Flitz polish on wheels, exhaust tips, etc... Many Marine shops carry both, if you want to have a look for yourself.