PDA

View Full Version : New here and also a question for the ELECTRICAL heads???

Mister BLASTEE
06-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Hello everyone so cali noob here looking for some electrical help. Long story short I have a new 2007 Dodge Caliber and I ripped the RHS rear brake light socket in half and ordered a replacement which should get here by tues. The socket is whats broken but all the wiring is fine. My Question is will I be able to repair it at home? If so can you walk me through it? How difficult would this be?

Thanks in advance

MB

Pb2theMax
06-09-2007, 07:02 AM
You`ll probably have to figure it out on your own. There should only be a few wires.

862sik
06-09-2007, 11:09 PM
probably pretty easy, a few ways to do it.

get some solder, tape (or shrink wrap) and connect the wires

use butt connectors to connect the wires.

or wire caps.

personally im a solder person, but if u use butt connectors make sure the connection is tight and insulated (wrap the connector and the wire with tape to be sure.

EOppie
06-10-2007, 09:45 PM
should be easy. If you can tell which wires were connected to which on the socket, simply follow that as a guide. I would reccomend soldering them since they are going to be pretty critical, and possibly exposed however you could use butt connectors. Do Not...repeat..NOT use wire nuts.

Mister BLASTEE
06-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Should i disconnect the battery??

862sik
06-11-2007, 02:09 AM
just do it one at a time, if it shorts there is always a fuse.

i think you CAN disconnect the battery just hope you dont have a factory stereo with a code that you DONT have hehe.

yea dont use wire caps, i was just stating lol!

Deenice21
08-01-2007, 03:52 PM
first question is do you have a test light?

if you do then it wont be hard fixing it