PDA

View Full Version : SIP and PO1O6FF

anubus12
06-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Do you get one or the other or both? If both, then do you use one instead of the other or layer them? If layering which first?

coupe
06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I think you need to learn what polishing is first

dshreter
06-08-2007, 12:02 PM
It seems as though you`re a bit confused by how the product works, so I`m sorry if I`m stating things that are obvious....

These are polishes for application by machine. They have a carrier fluid for the abrasives (some kind of oil I think) that gets left on the car after you`ve polished a section. The oil that gets left behind isn`t for adding to the looks of the car and it should be wiped off after you polish the section. In this sense, you wouldn`t "layer" the products although you might use SIP first, wipe off the section, then use 106FF.

SIP cuts more than 106FF and finishes down slightly less glossy. If you would consider your car swirled you probably want SIP not just 106FF if working with PC (I have no experience with rotary and these products, you may be able to take out swirls with 106FF and rotary). Depending upon the color of your car, the hardness of the clear coat, and your standard of perfection you may need to follow up polishing with SIP with 106FF for the highest level of gloss. Many are able to get results with SIP and an orange pad that are "last step product ready".

anubus12
06-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Thank you for the clarification. I have a black 05 Acura with slight scratches only seen at certain angles and lighting conditions. I have heard so many good things about PO1O6FF. I have a PC so I wanted to get the right product. Hence the question.

So .... SIP is a more abrasive compound made for swirls and medium scratches. PO1O6FF is less abrasive and would do well removing minor scratches. Is that fair to say?

coupe
06-08-2007, 12:14 PM
yes you are right

wannafbody
06-08-2007, 06:52 PM
isn`t 106ff formulated for ceramic clears? If working on a traditional clearcoat FP2 would work fine.

kleraudio
06-08-2007, 07:08 PM
I have heard that 106ff is just fine on conventional clears and is MUCH MUCH less dusty than FP2.

It also has a longer working time as well.

Cant wait to try this stuff out!

Jim

porta
06-09-2007, 04:21 AM
isn`t 106ff formulated for ceramic clears? If working on a traditional clearcoat FP2 would work fine.

PO106FF was forumulated for newer clears but works just like magic on all other clears. Much better then FPII IMHO.

gmblack3
06-09-2007, 06:18 AM
I sit the black with the blue pearl flake in the paint? If so I have done one of those in a the past. Was able to clean up the paint pretty well with 106ff on the rotary and even had good results with a PC.

Vintage
06-09-2007, 06:46 AM
I sit the black with the blue pearl flake in the paint? If so I have done one of those in a the past. Was able to clean up the paint pretty well with 106ff on the rotary and even had good results with a PC.

I just ordered the 106ff from ag and can`t wait to try it out! Any tips/suggestions on what pads to use with a pc? I just order a dual action xl ccs pad kit too. Thank you in advance for your help :-)

porta
06-09-2007, 07:08 AM
PO106FF works great with orange, green and white LC CSS pads.