PDA

View Full Version : Clining for people in condo

smoudgil
06-08-2007, 10:35 AM
I live in a condomunium... and don`t get one thing ....

where in the world do people living in the condos take their cars to clean?? And how do they polish there cars and stuff (using PC when you have no electric plug)?? This question has been bothering me for ages..... how do people in condoz manage to get their cars clean without going to all the automated wash places!!!

Thanks

qballjr13
06-08-2007, 10:42 AM
May I suggest finding a local Autopian who can do it for you? Just ask for guys in your area, I am sure there are at least a few. I assume you live a building where there is a common parking lot and not in condos that have their own driveways??

kleraudio
06-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Well, I live in an apartment with no garage. QEW is my friend thats for sure!

As far as polishing, thankfully my parents have a house about 10 minutes from here with a two car garage so I have access to a garage whenever I need it.

If I didnt have access to that garage i would be screwed! I often wonder myself how everyone without access to a garage or electrical outlet manage to polish even once a year. Im sure most have a friend or two with a garage I would imagine....

Jim

joshtpa
06-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Most Condos have plugs somewhere outside. You can always try and find one close enough to where you can park.

jshillin
06-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Wash it at the car wash. You can hand wax in the drying area, if using a PC you need a long extension cord!

a.k.a. Patrick
06-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Im detailing a G35 today, from my garageless condo.........=)

It can be done....A little NRWS, 75` worth of extension cords and im in business!

smoudgil
06-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys...... really appreciate it!

QEW is my friend thats for sure!

Didn`t get that..... What do you mean?

Wash it at the car wash. You can hand wax in the drying area

I am not getting this one too...... Where at car wash do you wash it yourself? They all have their own machines that clean your car up. The car is in the drying area for only a minute or two.. and you cann`t get our of your car ......! Could you please elaborate?

Thanks

a.k.a. Patrick
06-08-2007, 11:36 AM
The coin operated ones, not the drive thrus at the gas stations. Ya drop about 3 bucks, hit it with some wash soap, then a high pressure rinse. Take it home with a bucket of NRWS, sheepskin, and waffle weave, wallah.

dshreter
06-08-2007, 11:48 AM
I could be interpreting wrong, but I think this guy needs less acronyms. NRWS = no rinse wash and shine made by optimum, QEW = quick and easy wash. You mix these products up with like a gallon of water and wash the car with just that gallon instead of pre-soaking the car and there`s no rinsing after washing either. There`s a lot of discussion about these products here and they`re very popular because they make it easy for people in exactly your situation to wash their cars without a hose and also seems popular with mobile detailers for that reason. I haven`t used them, but the experts on here swear that with good technique you can get excellent results without scratching the paint using these rinseless washes.

Piku
06-08-2007, 12:36 PM
I live in an apartment. Fortunately there is a hose bib near my parking space. I bought my own hose and just wash the car in my parking space. However, there is no power outlets outside so I bought a 100` extension cord that I run out of my bedroom window. The owner is cool and he does not care that I wash my car there.

My neighbors probably think I am crazy, but hey who cares!

kleraudio
06-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Thats pretty funny piku, I would love to see that sometime. As we speak I am at the Parents house using the garage AGAIN, gotta clean out under the wheel flares :-) I really really need my own garage.

Patrick i like your idea, go to the coin op hit it w/ soap and high pressure rinse, then ONR it at home, I usually ONR in my parking space but sometimes the car is pretty dirty and it takes me a while. for 3 bucks i could probably save an hours worth of work!! Thanks!

Jim

mikelea4ever
06-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Yah if I were you I would bring it in a coin op car wash. I feel your pain coz I used to live in an apartment and there`s no place for me to detail my car.

expectingrain
06-08-2007, 05:23 PM
I live in a condo and I use ONR, just fill the bucket up at my place. I don`t have a PC, although you can buy a plug adapter for your cigarette lighter and plug a PC in there, I guess.

DC to AC Power Inverters for car or truck (http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/power-inverters.html)

mikebai1990
06-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Hehe, I bet your battery would be dead before you finished polishing. Otherwise you`d be burning gas and breathing in the fumes :)

Pennypacker
06-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Are you absolutely 100% proof positive there are no outlets anywhere outside? I live in a condo and didn`t think there were any for the longest time until I did a little hunting and found that there were actually a few. Usually the grounds/maintenance people need some kind of power source. Maybe ask them about it. Then get a big, fat extension cord and you`re in business.

As far as washing, if I`m not using ONR (which, I agree, is very helpful for condo/apt dwellers), I get my supplies together, including my bucket of sudsy water and rinse water, and go to the local do-it-yourself coin-op car wash to use their rinsing pressure washer. I only go there for the rinsing feature. Other than that, I use all my own stuff--my own soap, my own sponges, etc. and just wash as I would at home. Only thing is, you have to get there early as most places don`t like it much when you hand-wash at their facility, especially when it gets busy. I like getting there early though anyway because it`s quieter, less people and chaos and I can focus better at what I`m doing.