PDA

View Full Version : AG added Menzerna APO60

frostydog
06-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Not to further the discussion/confusion about the Menzerna polishes. .. But AG has added the APO60 polish/wax. I`m not too sure what to think....an ultra-light polish that leaves a coat of carnuba. Claims 2-3 months of protection.

Sounds similar to Acrylic Jacket, but carnuba based.

01bluecls
06-08-2007, 09:46 AM
LOL - You joined in 2005 and this is your first post! Took you long enough eh. I LOVE Menzerna but I hate their PITA coding of products.

frostydog
06-08-2007, 10:25 AM
yeah....LOOOOOONG time lurker.

Actually, I didn`t think this was my first post. Thought I at least had a few other posts asking questions a while back. But now that I think about it, that was probably with my old username which I forget/lost when I changed computers a few years back.:nixweiss

plus I don`t have nearly enough time to spend on here as I`d like. I`d rather spend the little time I have reading than writing.

regardless...I`m just about out of FPII, saw AG started offering Menz, which was great because then I didn`t have to spread my order between two sites and get killed with S/H.

Then I got TOTALLY confused by the "what`s what" discussions that have been going on.

Came up with an easy solution though...I just went with the PO106. No ambiguity with what it is and seems to get :xyxthumbs from all.

While I was on, saw they added the APO60...

SuperBee364
06-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Welcome, man! Yeah, I lurked for at least two years before I got up the courage to speak up. Now they can`t shut me up, and wish I would go back into lurk mode...fat chance.:chuckle:

Setec Astronomy
06-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah, you lurkers turned posters are the worst!!!

Just kidding, we always welcome new voices (well, usually....). :)

porta
06-09-2007, 04:07 AM
This is a very good wax with great shine/depth but not so good durability. Uses the same abrasives as the other ones, aluminum oxid.

frostydog
06-09-2007, 07:55 AM
This is a very good wax with great shine/depth but not so good durability. Uses the same abrasives as the other ones, aluminum oxid.

"Same abrasives as other ones"...I assume you`re referring to their traditional polishes, not the scratch resistant??

In your opinion would an APO60 step prior to a carnuba add anything??

That is...add anything over a more traditional process like, polish (FPII), a cleaner step (AIO), then a carnuba.

porta
06-09-2007, 08:00 AM
All the polishes contains aluminum oxid as abrasives. Just different types.

You can use this as a AIO and then top with a carnauba, but the gloss and looks is just wonderful of APO60 alone.

imported_DieselMDX
06-09-2007, 08:18 PM
interesting wonder how this compares to other AIO`s

porta
06-10-2007, 04:21 AM
Sry I think I was using the wrong term, this is more like a poliseal product then a AIO. Light polish with carnauba/polymer protection.