PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna FMJ---is it going bad?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Mighty HD
06-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I`ve had the same 16oz bottle for about a year.

It seems that the durability of the finished product has gotten very poor. I`m not sure if the white color VS the dark color of the new truck has anything to do with it.

On the dark truck:

Slickness would hang in there for at least 2-3 months, that included 5-10 washings.

If it rained on the finish. The slickness would dissipate somewhat, but still be there. After roughly 2-3 rainstorms and washings, slickness would be gone however beads were still tight.

On the white truck:

Slickness is GONE 100% after one rain storm. Beads are not very tight and it is in obvious need of another coat.

Slickness only lasts about 2-3 washes.

I`m using Meguiars Gold Class car shampoo

Sheepskin Mitt

City water.

Any suggestions on a product that will last me much longer on a white truck?

Longevity is the key---since I got hit by a truck two years ago sometimes waxing can be a bit difficult.

Thanks for any help guys.

Alex

:sadwavey:

ptaylor_9849
06-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I have a serious suggestion for you. Put down your bottle of FMJ and try either Zaino Z-2 or Z-5. I used FMJ until I found Zaino. Then I quickly switched and never looked back. The ease and durability of Zaino make it a no brainer. There`s a great deal of hype on this site about Zaino and do you know why? Because it`s worth it!

Patrick

joshtpa
06-07-2007, 09:01 PM
^^^^

I am the complete opposite. I put down my Zaino for good, once I found Menzerna and JW. Zaino looked shiny and plasticy (IMHO), where as the Menzerna looked and felt amazing and was EASIER to apply and take off then Zaino. I like FMJ topped with Opti Seal. You get the amazing look of FMJ and the durability of OS.

kleraudio
06-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I just debadged my trucks tailgate, and used Zaino Z2 to reseal it. Josh got me hooked on the Koolaid. I did use FMJ today too. I sealed my wheels with it, hopefully it lasts a long long time.

Thanks for the samples Josh!!

Jim

itb76
06-07-2007, 09:55 PM
I`ve used FMJ for a couple years. I don`t think the durability is that bad, as far as sheeting water and shine. However the slickness lasts a couple weeks tops. Very few products are easier to apply.

I like the idea of topping FMJ with OS; I will have to try that!

imported_memnuts
06-07-2007, 09:57 PM
I have a serious suggestion for you. Put down your bottle of FMJ and try either Zaino Z-2 or Z-5. I used FMJ until I found Zaino. Then I quickly switched and never looked back. The ease and durability of Zaino make it a no brainer. There`s a great deal of hype on this site about Zaino and do you know why? Because it`s worth it!

Patrick

X 2!!!!

Zaino is the benchmark for durability, ease of use and now appearance. I have Zaino products on my White Escalade and my rarely driven Z06. I love the way it makes the finishes deep and reflective without losing out on a durable "just detailed" appearance and beading, wash, after wash, after wash.....:woot2:

Sorry about you accident and I hope you eventually become fully recovered. :wavey

Black240SX
06-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Could the white truck have some oxidation? That could reduce the durability of waxes and sealants.

imported_Mighty HD
06-08-2007, 05:57 AM
Could the white truck have some oxidation? That could reduce the durability of waxes and sealants.

When I got the truck in Jan I did a full detail...

Clay, polish, glaze, fmj and all that jazz.

I really, really like FMJ because it is extremely easy to remove. No hard wiping, etc.

How is Zaino to apply and remove?

I was thinking about PolyCharger for FMJ but there`s not enough reviews on it yet....

Thanks for the replies.

joshtpa
06-08-2007, 07:08 AM
X 2!!!!

Zaino is the benchmark for durability, ease of use and now appearance. I have Zaino products on my White Escalade and my rarely driven Z06. I love the way it makes the finishes deep and reflective without losing out on a durable "just detailed" appearance and beading, wash, after wash, after wash.....:woot2:

Sorry about you accident and I hope you eventually become fully recovered. :wavey

Who set that benchmark? Giw can you have a benchmark for appearance? It is purely subjective. I have used both, and it is no where near as easy to use as FMJ. It is easy, but not as eay as FMJ. Very few products are.

FMJ does not really bead water as much as it sheets it. I get about 4 months (and counting) with FMJ topped with OS. Or you could top FMJ with a nice Nuba wax and get the best of both worlds.

imported_memnuts
06-08-2007, 07:15 AM
FMJ does not really bead water as much as it sheets it. I get about 4 months (and counting) with FMJ topped with OS.

Slight over-stated durability???????

Extremely interesting. OS has only been out less than 2 months. :nixweiss

joshtpa
06-08-2007, 07:17 AM
That is why I said it was applied and counting. FMJ was about 4 months ago, followed by OS a little over 2 months ago....Nice try. Please tell me more about your appearance benchmark.

imported_memnuts
06-08-2007, 07:20 AM
That is why I said it was applied and counting. FMJ was about 4 months ago, followed by OS a little over 2 months ago....Nice try. Please tell me more about your appearance benchmark.

Still confusing. You applied OS 2 months ago and you are including FMJ in this durability test???

The moment you topped FMJ with OS the FMJ durability claims are invalid. :wall

joshtpa
06-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Yet, I am still confused about your Benchmark for appearance....You are dodging my question. Please tell me about the Benchmark tests you did. Please back up your broken record like comments for all to see your benchmarks that prove your statements that you say are facts.

imported_memnuts
06-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Please come up with another valid augument to support or divert attention from your mis-representation or version of your 4 month FMJ/OS test.

Have a great day. :wavey

SpoiledMan
06-08-2007, 09:16 AM
As much of a fanboy as I am of Menzerna I find FMJ to be pretty weak. Boosted by PC is does well but on it`s own......

Josh, you`re going to need something better than OS topped FMJ to come to a conclusion that FMJ is hanging around for 4 months.