PDA

View Full Version : New Bently

Pages : [1] 2 3

envirocbr
06-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Hey guys,

I wish I had a picture of this bently (sp?) I did today, talk about swirl mark galore!!!!

Even the chrome trim had swirl marks in it!!!

The car belongs to a song writer who wrote songs for n`sync and other famous bands of yesterday and today still. he resides in Orlando but his sister was driving the car today, I felt so bad for the expensive paint that is on that car!

I showed her what I was talking about and she wa astonished it was that bad, she thought that all paint does that.

I have a pictire of it on my website.

Commercial content removed. You may not link to your commercial website. If you`d like to post pics, please either upload to the Autopia gallery, or use a photo hosting site. Thanks. -- Tort

Just a question, what removes swirl marks the best? I use Auto Magic Products...David Fermani...I will be calling you later on today!

Joshua312
06-07-2007, 06:12 PM
I dont get it...you`re asking what products remove swirl marks. Yet on that website you have a complete detail and you tell potential customers you remove swirl marks :confused:

envirocbr
06-07-2007, 06:15 PM
I am asking for products that you have used to remove swirl marks, I have used Auto Magic with success for minor swirl mark removal by hand, however this vehicle was marked more so than any car I have attempted.

Slow your roll. I don`t have the time or energy to explain myself over the internet

With so many product lines out there, it is not only expensive, but risky trying something on a customers vehicle, and I just plain out don`t have time to search for scrap panels or detail someones car for free. Time=Money...Make Sense?

imported_themightytimmah
06-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Presta is a winner if you like working with wool... if you`re more comfortable with foam pads, I`ve heard great things about Mezerna`s Super Intensive Polish.

Joshua312
06-07-2007, 06:44 PM
I am asking for products that you have used to remove swirl marks, I have used Auto Magic with success for minor swirl mark removal by hand, however this vehicle was marked more so than any car I have attempted.

Slow your roll. I don`t have the time or energy to explain myself over the internet

It was merely a question when you visit a site and they claim they detail cars and remove swirl marks yet questions like this arise...That`s all...My suggestion, get a PC to get better results with swirl marks.

Paulie Walnuts
06-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Where is that ignore button again....

envirocbr
06-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Presta is a winner if you like working with wool... if you`re more comfortable with foam pads, I`ve heard great things about Mezerna`s Super Intensive Polish.

I would feel much better with a foam pad, wool creates a lot of heat and leaves very little room for error. Until I can find time to practice with wool I will stick to foam.

Got any good links for a great price on it?

envirocbr
06-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Where is that ignore button again....

Ignore is the root word for ignorant.

If you don`t like the subject, person or anything about the topic...don`t waste your time posting, you are more insensible by posting such a comment that does not relate to the topic.

As for visiting my web site, I will remove swirl marks from cars, however I will examine the vehicle fiest, if I feel it is outside my experience level I will turn them away and tell them I do not want to take the chance on their car`s finish and I don`t make recommendations as there truly are very few detailers here in South Florida worth mentioning who don`t think they allready know everything there is to know about this industry.

Kinda like people on the internet....ironic huh?

imported_themightytimmah
06-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Autogeek has Super Intensive Polish for 30 bucks or so... where are you in South Florida? I`ll be back in Boca in August and I can give you some pointers on paint correction.

envirocbr
06-07-2007, 07:28 PM
I live in West Palm Beach, but I have a lot of clients in Boca.

Any help is appreciated.

Joshua312
06-07-2007, 08:30 PM
...I don`t make recommendations as there truly are very few detailers here in South Florida worth mentioning who don`t think they allready know everything there is to know about this industry.

Kinda like people on the internet....ironic huh?

Ironic how I was thinking the same thing about you...you are nothing more than a glorified car washer in my opinion, do yourself a favor and take the word detailer off your website.

ruining
06-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Ironic how I was thinking the same thing about you...you are nothing more than a glorified car washer in my opinion, do yourself a favor and take the word detailer off your website.

http://paginaweb.de/emend/fight.gif

David Fermani
06-07-2007, 09:27 PM
This guy asks for advise and people disrespect him? :wow: He`s not claiming to be the best detailer, he`s just trying to be very cautious and get inside info before he attempts to do a correction on a car worth as much as most people`s homes. There`s nothing wrong with that. Most of the *pros* here don`t even know how to use a rotary!

If you plan on using Auto Magic (which I recommend), try GS-1 with a cutting yellow EDGE foam pad and then move to BC-2 with a polishing blue EDGE foam. Top it with a carnuba like Wet Wax and I`ll bet you`ll be home free. BTW: make sure to clay it real good so that the contaminants (if any) don`t get caked up on your pad. Spur your pad regularly, keep it flat and wet and don`t overbuff.

Joshua312
06-07-2007, 09:41 PM
David, if he was trying to be cautious he wouldn`t start a business where he details vehicles and promotes himself as a professional to be trusted detailing cars of any price...I dont care if it is worth $1,000 or $1 million. If someone wants to learn how to detail and promote their business, fine..but don`t have a website and trick people into going to you because they think you are qualified..when in fact he is putting people`s clear coats at risk.

See link:http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/90706-i-think-i-screwed-up.html

I rest my case...please...please just take your full detail out of your website. You state clearly in the website:

"We have a variety of tools to use. For standard detailing it is put on by hand or with a low speed orbital buffer (less than 100 rpm!). For heavy oxidation and scratches a variable speed rotary buffer is used. However before we decide to use this tool, careful consideration is used to determine what pads to use, compounds and speed of tool. We just don`t simply look and start, your car`s paint is something to be protected, not fooled around with."

It just frustrates me you talk down on other detailers in the area and you won`t recommend anyone else when clearly you should not be touching a car with a rotary in the first place. My suggestion, find an autopian near by willing to teach you the ropes

I also think you need to do some research before you make claims on your website about polymer sealant companies :sadwavey: You are lying to your customers

imported_tpdetail
06-07-2007, 09:47 PM
cmon guys lets all get along. NO need to make fun of ourn fellow car scrubbers....we`re all jsut trying to perfect our "art". ANYWAYS to the OP, try turtle wax rubbing compound. Works like a charm!