PDA

View Full Version : SFX-1 over Klasse

Pages : [1] 2

Marceau
06-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi there :)

Well, after spending a whole weekend with a PC using SFX-1, SFX-2, Klasse AIO and P21S, I was happy of the results ... But I notice that on some spots I still have some swirls.

Can I just reapply the SFX-1 or do I have to clean-up eveything, remove and reapply everything again??

Thanks.

JasonD
06-07-2007, 11:15 AM
You can go straight to polishing anything you want, but you will have to do AIO and P21S all over again afterwards.

Just to be sure, you *are* working your polishes and not just applying them right? If you are just applying them in a wax-on, wax-off type fashion, they won`t do anything, and might even create more defects than when you started.

Marceau
06-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Well, I applied all those products with the PC.

I`m not sure what you mean by wax-on wax-off. I didn`t let met dry no, and KLASSE was so hard to remove if you would leave it more than 20 sec on there :)

JasonD
06-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Okay, I see a big problem in your process that is causing you a lot more work and undesirable results.

You aren`t working your polishes, you are applying them. What I meant by a wax-on, wax-off fashion is applying a product, let it sit on the paint until it dries, and then remove the product. This is a wax-on, wax-off process and is completely wrong for polishes and paint cleaners.

Products like your SFX polishes and Klasse AIO should be worked into the paint just like you would shoe polish on a pair of shoes. You should be working a small area at a time (about 2 square feet) and work the polish using your pc on speed 5 or 6 until it basically disappears. This process should take about a minute or two, and all that should be left on the surface is a very slight haze which should be easily removed with a mf towel.

If you end up working your polish for the proper amount of time, and you still end up with a bunch of product left on the surface to remove, you used too much product, use less.

You may want to take a quick look at the Guide To Detailing. It goes into pretty good detail complete with pictures, on how to correctly polish.

Hope this helps.

Marceau
06-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Ha! I`ll go have a read.

Well it give some pretty good results :) LOL but maybe I can have even bigger results!

Thanks!

JasonD
06-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Please post back and let us know how you make out. I think you are going to be very surprised with your results.

Marceau
06-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Yeah it does shine more and some of the heavier swirls are gone, but not all of them :\ I`ll take a picture of it.

JasonD
06-07-2007, 06:02 PM
What polish/pad combo did you just use?

Marceau
06-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Sonus SFX-1 with Orange at 5 speed

Sonux SFX-2 with Green at 4 speed

JasonD
06-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Okay, that sounds like a good combination of products and pads. I find the Sonus SFX polishes to be very mild, so I`m not surprised to hear that it is taking a bit more than normal to remove major defects.

Remember to move the machine very slowly, almost at a snail`s pace, and don`t be afraid to bump the speed up to 6 at times on the flat areas. You have to let the polish do its job. If you move the polisher all over the place and just smear around the polish, you aren`t really doing anything.

Work each area until your polish disappears, wipe off any residue left over and inspect the panel. If you still have defects, just do it again. Keep doing this repeated process until you are happy with the finish, and then start stepping down to SFX-2, and finally, SFX-1 using all of them the same way.

Marceau
06-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I just ordered some SFX pads instead, and i`ll try with those. I read it`s easier wit the SFX then the DAS pads.

JasonD
06-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Well, the SFX pads were designed with one polish in mind, and that`s the SFX polishes. They were designed to be used a set, and just happen to work great with a lot of others.

Let us know how you make out.

Marceau
06-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Plus I don`t even see the old DAS on sale. I guess they got discontinued.

Marceau
06-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Well, a little update.

Spent the whole weekend on the car and it`s still not to my likings. In bright daylights, at the right angle, you can still see little swirls in the paint.

Maybe I should try and a more aggresive product than SFX-1.

GranPrix
06-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Do you have any pics?